Help Plants turning yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yellowing happens at the end of flower....keep feeding her water until harvest.

the hay smell is chloryphyll....it goes away in cure.

don't worry it's perfectly natural for the fan leaves to turn yellow near the end of the grow the plants using up the last bit of nitrogen by moving it from the older leaves to the newer ones

But I have never bought weed with yellow leaves in it, and most of the other plants i look at arent yellow like this. Ive heard that sativas have yellow pigments to protect them from light intensity is that ture.

Of course you won't find yellow leaves in weed you buy they are already trimmed off the bud for they would be harsh smoking

bigtymer930 said:
Plants are turning yellow with only a few days left to go almost all of the hairs are brown, the plant was perfect the whole grow except it is a bagseed sativa and on its 14th week of flowering and now all the sudden it is turning yellow. Here are some pictures I already cut the top off. Also through the whole grow the smell in my closet was so strong, now even when i get up real close to it it smells like grass or hay or something.

When you say "the hairs are brown", what "hairs" are you talking about?

If you mean the "Pistils", then they have nothing to do with harvesting time.

If you mean the "Trichomes" as seen under magnification, then you have passed the time to harvest. Trichomes should be either:

1. All clear (for a pure mind buzz)

2. Half clear, half cloudy (for a mixed mind/body buzz)

3. Half cloudy half amber (for more of a body buzz)

4. Almost all amber for a couch-lock body buzz.

When Trichomes get brown, they are almost dead. You'll get a better buzz from a cigarette.

14 weeks is an unusually long flowering time. Some Sativas need that long, but not that many.

I would strongly suggest that you buy a Radio Shack hand held microscope ($10), and look at your trichomes.

Stop looking at the Pistils. What color they are is meaningless.

All the trichs are clear but it seems if I leave it to much longer there is gunna be no green left, the yellowing is moving to the buds.

bigtymer930 said:
All the trichs are clear but it seems if I leave it to much longer there is gunna be no green left, the yellowing is moving to the buds.

It sounds like natural plant death that takes place when the plant has finished for the year.

With the trichomes clear from top to bottom on the plant, that's odd tho'.

Especially after 14 weeks of flowering.

The plants are getting enough lumens?

Proper flowering nutes?

If yes to both, then that's just weird. I'd say let em continue. There are strains that the thc matures very rapidly at the end of the plants life.

I'd be interested to hear a smoke report on the weed.

I was wondering why it was taking so long, 14 weeks sounded like alot when I was planning on about 8, I thought it might just be a long flowering strain like haze or something like that. It is under a 400hps so light is not the problem, now maybe heat is but the heat has been the same the entire grow 72-85 so I dont know why it would just be turning yellow it was really green the whole grow, now I havent fertilized in 2 weeks. And there are really not that many trichs so maybe it is just a low thc strain.

bigtymer930 said:
I was wondering why it was taking so long, 14 weeks sounded like alot when I was planning on about 8, I thought it might just be a long flowering strain like haze or something like that. It is under a 400hps so light is not the problem, now maybe heat is but the heat has been the same the entire grow 72-85 so I dont know why it would just be turning yellow it was really green the whole grow, now I havent fertilized in 2 weeks. And there are really not that many trichs so maybe it is just a low thc strain.

Depending on the type and quantity of nutrients you were giving them, that may be the problem. Cutting off their supply of nutrients could also cause the yellowing.

Latest posts

Back