help please 400 watt problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
just bought a hydrofarm 400watt mH/hps .has the built in ballast. i tried turning on
the light with the hps bulb.and nothing.the system made a sound when i plugged it
into the wall.when i un plugged it the bulb made a blue flash. and dont get anything
with the mH bulb in. is it possible i need new bulbs.oh and bought the system used
,guy said he only used for 3 months.

mr.determined said:
just bought a hydrofarm 400watt mH/hps .has the built in ballast. i tried turning on
the light with the hps bulb.and nothing.the system made a sound when i plugged it
into the wall.when i un plugged it the bulb made a blue flash. and dont get anything
with the mH bulb in. is it possible i need new bulbs.oh and bought the system used
,guy said he only used for 3 months.

sounds like a bad ignitor in your ballast.

thanks grow dude for being the only person to look at the thread and trying to help...found my problem after being shocked...my converter switch was grounding out on the hood.

mr.determined said:
thanks grow dude for being the only person to look at the thread and trying to help...found my problem after being shocked...my converter switch was grounding out on the hood.

Thxs for the update.

haha sucks when you get bit i was testing out my 1000 w and got bit from the end that connects to the light all i can say is wow my whole body tingled after. always be careful the voltage goes way up on the other end ( the power to the bulb) glad it worked out for ya

Latest posts

Back