help please!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
hi mp,just started a new crop trying to post pics......don`t know if it`s worked!
anyway,this one is 1 week old,however since this morning the 1st leaves are turning up. my lights are 2" from seedlings tops. they are flouros 2 high intensity power-glo 30" 25w each.i also have a 400w HPS/MH lamp
which i will use in about a week or 2.
the first leaves are getting kind of light brown and turning up??:confused:
any ideas will be very welcome,cheers:bong:
just figured out how to post pics-ye ha!!
apologies for the quality

praktrica 002.jpg

they look normal on the pic

if they turning yelowish thats form light burn if they turning brown its a nutes burn

Some questions to help figure out the problem:

Can you check the PH in your soil and the water in which you are using and post that?
What kind of soil mixture are you using?
Also, have you given your babies any nutes thus far?
Are you spraying them with water/using foliar feed?

hi , just some info on my grow.
the ph sits at a stable "7". soil grow obviously,with 1 part perlite,1 part sand,quality potting soil,and lime.
i haven`t added any nutes,as they are only 9 days old.i mist them once a day,every 3-4 days i water them(only water)thoroughly.
should i start using ferts? i`ve raised the lights another 2".
i apologise for the quality of the photos-best i can do.

praktrica 003.jpg

praktrica 004.jpg

praktrica 006.jpg

shuggy4105 said:
hi , just some info on my grow.
the ph sits at a stable "7". soil grow obviously,with 1 part perlite,1 part sand,quality potting soil,and lime.
i haven`t added any nutes,as they are only 9 days old.i mist them once a day,every 3-4 days i water them(only water)thoroughly.
should i start using ferts? i`ve raised the lights another 2".
i apologise for the quality of the photos-best i can do.

maybe your soil is "hot" you should not need nutes that early.
Flush with water.

if you look at the beggining of the thread,you`ll see how it looked only yesterday!the drying has occured rapid-style.over 24h:( :grinch:

you arw burning you plants bro that light is a killa , i hope you have fan on ??

I agree. Looks like the lights are just too hot. Although fluros and CFL's are said to "not cause much heat"... put them close to your plant and a young stage like your plant is, and it is too hot for them. I dealt with that a little ago. Put a fan blowing on them and it will solve two problems at once:

1: Helps build stronger stems
2: Pushed heat from lights away from the plants and into the corner of the grow room where it existed from the vents....

Just don't blow your plants TOO heavily, because you'll knock them over or stress them too much.

Looks as if you germinated them in High content nute soil. If you flouro's are three to four inches away, thats not the case. Always start off seedlings with quality organic soil.

shuggy4105 said:
i mist them once a day,every 3-4 days i water them

Quit "misting" them. It's just like applying tiny magnifying glasses to your plants. Plus, they can't transpire with all that "misting"

give it a shot:)

Plus, the drier you keep your leaves, the more resin they will produce in order to protect them!

hi all,
well i flushed the little one last night,don`t think it`s gonna survive:( but forever onward. thanx for all the feedback man,well helpfull:)

shuggy4105 said:
hi all,
well i flushed the little one last night,don`t think it`s gonna survive:( but forever onward. thanx for all the feedback man,well helpfull:)
Just look at it this way shuggy if she doesn't make it. It's a learning experience. ;) Crap man our first grow we over nuted so bad the ladies were fried beyond recognition. Crap man i don't even think we had to dry them they were burned so bad. :D Anyway what i'm trying to say is ya learn from your mistakes. Things ya did this time around you will know not to do next time around. ;) The best thing you can do is practice with bagseed until you get it down. :aok:

True "TBG" True,we learn by our mistakes.but losing that wee:baby: has cut me up man! lol,thanx for gettin` back to me dudes:) :cool2:
P.S-this is my third grow,although this is the first grow where i (think)i know what i`m doing!
i have seed ordered,30 in total,10-B 52 and 10 ww.Also a freebie pack of unknown strain content,and all this for £20!!
cheers again for the bank info TBG and everyone else who replyed to my thread about reliability.:clap:

Latest posts

Back