Are these ready to harvist or not...... ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reesche

Reaction score
Hi you guys! I have a couple questions concerning my crop....

General Info:

• Started Germinating January 15th 2020.
• March 18th 2020....Started the 12/12, Bloom Food 2-3-5, Red T5 lamps, Total Darkness when lights are off.
• Under the flower regiment now for 5 - weeks
• Plants are now 2 feet tall (Under X8 - T5's (all red bulbs)
• Have been pinching fan leaves for a while and have stopped last week. For light penetration.
• Should I quit spraying them with water so I do not create mold?
• Plants have been under a light fan blowing on the wall... not on them.

Note: See attached jpegs

Question: Is it time to harvest or wait?

The little hairs on the buds are pretty much white or clear....some are now turning a light brown. Starting to get sticky now and more smell. My gut feeling is let them go for a couple more weeks.... what do you guys think?

Reesche

Attachments

• Photo 1 Send.jpg
    Photo 1 Send.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo 2 Send.jpg
    Photo 2 Send.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo 3 Send.jpg
    Photo 3 Send.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Photo 4 Send.jpg
    Photo 4 Send.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo 5 Send.jpg
    Photo 5 Send.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 48
No, not even close really. For some reason i couldn't get them to enlarge, but still, no. Keep it up, they are very cute. In a few weeks they will be dank. Takes a long time. Darnit.

The hairs will go brown close to harvest time, and grab a magnifying glass to check out the crystals. When you see some turning amber, you can start thinking about chopping. I chop at mostly cloudy with some clear stragglers and some amber, but i tend to grow chilled out strains that get really couch lock ish when they go too long. I let sativa dominants go More amber. It's a matter of style...what effect do you like?
Give it some time... you have nice plants.

How much longer do you think? Can you tell if these are Sativa or Indica?

So, A little brownish hairs but not too dark? I will put my magnafying glass to them in a week......Not clear? A little cloudy right? It would be nice to have more of a head high rather then a couch potato high! That's why I asked the question Sativa or Indica. What these plants are: Tangerine Dream, Tangie, Blue Cheese, (3) Girl Scout Cookies

Thank you!
Reesche

Don't worry much about the hairs. Look at the crystals. You've got hybrids and one thing you can do is look at leafly.com and see what the reports say about effect. Very interesting resource! It will help you decide if you want to chop a little amber or a lot!

Stinkyattic is right. Its not about hair color. Its about the color in the trichs and what kind of high you want. You at least want mostly all cloudy and then the amber. The more amber, the more couch lock with most strains. I like Cloudy with maybe 20% amber,,but to each his own.
Never go by time or pistol color it can fool you and waste a harvest because its taken down to early.

I grew Tangerine Dream about 5 years ago. Really liked it, think you will too. Your garden is looking good, but do not harvest it too early. Look at the trichomes, the little mushroom shaped things on the leaves, to change color. Like the others said about 20% amber.

Well, we know without even looking at your plants that they cannot possibly be ready yet. There is nothing out there that will finish in 5 weeks. You are generally looking at 8-10 weeks for a plant to finish. Since you know the strains, you can look up the flowering estimates. As you are flowering with T5s, you will probably be on the longer end of the flowering estimate. For example, if it says 8-10 weeks to finish, it will probably take 10 weeks, not 8 weeks. So, just let them go for another 3 weeks or so and then you can start checking the trichs, but IMHO, I think you should be looking at a 10 week flowering for these strains with a T5 light. Do not harvest too early!

And if you are wanting more of a cerebral sativa high, you are probably going to want to take them when there is very little amber. By the time they get amber, they are degrading and probably going to couch lock you, at least somewhat.

Thanks ALL of you guys for reading my question and answering all of my questions....I appreciate that!

Reesche

Thanks ALL of you guys for reading my question and answering all of my questions....I appreciate that!

Reesche

You are welcome. My experience comes from growing, so I do not know a lot of the technical terms. I will help any way I can.

Latest posts

Back