Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedonofchronic

Soil grower
Reaction score
my setup is an ongoing struggle. it SUCKS. literally its a bunch of desk lamps with CFLS heightened by books, and coming down right on top of the plants like 2 inches MAX away. my plants havnt grown at all since i got them. i think i need more light. but how the **** am i supposed to have a million damn bulbs with no where to put them? like how does everyone else have sockets to put them in all i can find is ones you have to wire. SO ANNOYING. i have to do something help please

my setup is an ongoing struggle. it SUCKS. literally its a bunch of desk lamps with CFLS heightened by books, and coming down right on top of the plants like 2 inches MAX away. my plants havnt grown at all since i got them. i think i need more light. but how the **** am i supposed to have a million damn bulbs with no where to put them? like how does everyone else have sockets to put them in all i can find is ones you have to wire. SO ANNOYING. i have to do something help please I really cant wire a bunch of stuff together in the closet im in. should i build a grow box??? help

save some money and buy a HPS. one light one cord and enough light to do the job. the amount of money your gonna spend to get enough cfls, sockets, cords and power strip to do the job right is gonna exceed the price of a HPS.

i started out with cfls and know how many it takes to do a fair job. my space was 2x2x4 and i had 17 42 watt cfls going at one time. those bulbs aren't cheap anywhere. you can find a desent HPS for around $100 for a 400 watt or if your lucky you can get 150 watt HPS for $20 each. good luck

HTGsupply.com....400Watt HPS setup for like 120 bucks...
I have a 600watt HPS being delivered from them today...just waiting for UPS to show up... I am a UPS driver so I know I cld be waiting all day..lol

Check craigslist if money is an issue or ebay. You'd be surprised what you'd find for a little bit of nothing and a added bonus you can negotiate price sometimes. Look for highbay or lowbay lights, Outside home security lights ,and landscape lights. Also never reveal what you using it for. Sometime Lowes and home depot have clearance security lights, you know the ones people returned to the store. Usually you can get a good price. Or climb the streetlight and remove that fixture...J/K LOL

noneedforalarm said:
no more 20$ hps.

you can still get them you just have to order by phone and have the item number. the stopped offering them on the site for some reason. i have one of the new catalogs and they're still there. i'll post the phone number and item number if anyone wants it. im not sure what the rules are about phone numbers so i wanna make sure its ok first.

slowmo77 said:
you can still get them you just have to order by phone and have the item number. the stopped offering them on the site for some reason. i have one of the new catalogs and they're still there. i'll post the phone number and item number if anyone wants it. im not sure what the rules are about phone numbers so i wanna make sure its ok first.
Eh slow please do that, you are the man!

slowmo77 said:

Slowmo, I don't see any problem with posting their phone number and the item number (hope I'm not wrong :eek:)--I don't see any difference between a phone number and a web address.

go slowmo
ive been searching the internet for hours the best i can find is 70 watts for $60

Please - don't waste your time or money with anything less than 200 watts on an HPS. I think you will find 400 will do amazing things. Just search grow lights" on e-bay and you will find many sellers.

scatking said:
Please - don't waste your time or money with anything less than 200 watts on an HPS. I think you will find 400 will do amazing things. Just search grow lights" on e-bay and you will find many sellers.
i understand what your trying to say but for $40 i can run 350 watts
thanks to HG diy cooltube:aok:

150 Watt HPS Mini-$77.95

Listed in grow shop thread on MP

Gb

$20.00 150 watt HPS from e-conolight. heres all the information you should need. this comes from the e-conolight Jan09-Feb09 catolog.

phone number- 1-888-243-9445
en espanol- 1-888-243-9339

Cat.#E-MT6H151G

Thats a pendant mount vapor-tight 150 watt HPS $20.00
4-kv medium-base porcelain socket with a 120v reactor ballast.
this light comes with everything but a power cord. but it does come with a 1 year warranty.

i hope this helps. a friend ordered a couple over the phone a few days ago without any problems.

also if anyone is lookin for cheap replacement bulbs take alook at their website. any HID lamp from 50watt to 1000watt.

they shouldn't ask for a customer # or key code, but if they do pm me and i'll give you one.

leafminer said:
I don't know about others here, but I see a big MORAL difference between growing my own weed and stealing CFLs.
I don't XD:D

a thief.. is a thief... is a thief.. and IMHO. there is nothing lower than a thief.. (well maybe whale crap. It lies on the bottom of the depths of the ocean.. but nothing else.. :p)
If it isn't "yours".. if "you" didn't purchase it.. it is NOT yours for the taking.:hitchair:
There is a HUGE difference between "growing your own", wether it be medicinall or recreational.. and stealing from someone... HUGE..
By growing your own pot, have you taken what someone else "worked" to aquire?.. Have you harmed them in any manner?.. I think not..
"Stealing" what they worked and paid for, DOES..
If you're too broke to afford cfls, you're too broke to grow pot.. find a job.. or pick up aluminum cans ..
Don't "steal"..

Latest posts

Back