help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea well u gotta start somewhere eh? the thing about cannabis what ive relised is u can never have enough information and theres always something new to try or do i been doing it around 2 n half years now had 8 successful grows and 2 hermie attacks lol still basically a newb as im still new to tieing them down and getting more out of your plants instead i just uped the light but from reading throw these forums and listening to other peoples comments am pleased to say alot of it will be used on my current grow for the experience purpose:):D

kytsam said:
Nice Journal liked it alot!!

How much did that yeild for you ??
Ok then, see i was just going to keep adding aanother cfl every 2 weeks i get £££££ and try add more light but with the downside that more light (Hps lighting) produces far too much heat where the cfl are pretty much undetectable from the helicopter.....or is that not true ??

Actually, that is not true. Lumen for lumen, CFLs run hotter than HPS. A 400W HPS with an air cooled hood can be cooled fairly easily. The ballst can be located remotely, which helps with heat issues. A 400W HPS puts out about 50,000 lumens. It would take about 18 42 W bulbs (consuming 756 watts) to produce that many lumens. Or about 12 65 W bulbs. When you get this many CFLs together, it is going to create some heat.

However, they will grow decent pot--it just costs more in electricity to do so. The reason that I have advised against side lighting with CFLs is because you have to have the bulbs so close to the plants to be of real benefit.

^^^ Like i said something new every day lol ^^^ :D i think im just going to use a 400 now so that will bring me up to 1000 watt hps scrap the cfl for different project , how much does it cost with a air cooled hood?? any recommended website's to purchase 1? Would be appreciated

I'll defently make a trip over to plants tomorrow and take a few pics on a camera and let u guys tell me what u think:) all 20 are female showing sex by 14 day

Hey guys here are some pictures i got today of my plants got more to upload just show u these first think the plants are around 19 days old

Thinking theres something up plants looking bit dropy???? temp at 24c fans on ...

those arent the ones showing sex are they?

they dont appear to have shown sex

Pistils are on the sides but very faint

and are they not a bit small looking to be doing that?? im paranoid about the size but ive only did 1 grow with auto flower this be my 2nd ive normally did big ones doing the veg but after seeing a lowryder grow to about 5 ft i will never look bk at growin big 1's and do half the harvest in 1 year

kytsam said:
and are they not a bit small looking to be doing that?? im paranoid about the size but ive only did 1 grow with auto flower this be my 2nd ive normally did big ones doing the veg but after seeing a lowryder grow to about 5 ft i will never look bk at growin big 1's and do half the harvest in 1 year

14 days is very young to be showing sex IMO, but i know nothing about autos so who cares what i say :ignore: .

i dont think them getting to big would be an issue because they are autos, dont they stay small.

Yea i orignally thought they would go wild like my last auto's did but they were not a cross was just lowryder 2 dont no but will have that 400 next week or so, that might help dnt no aww well ya get what ur giveing lol :)

Latest posts

Back