HELP! Slugs! what do i do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbo_Stonerz

PackinThaBowlinOnt_Stoner
Reaction score
Ok so i have 3 ak-47 clones outside, they're about 8-12 inches. the last time i went to check on them i noticed i had a slight insect problem so i got some "Chemfree Insectigone" crawling insect killer, its a powder for indoor and outdoor use. So hears my problem, I went to check on them today and they are almost dead and covered in slugs and slug slime, they look gross, theres around 20-30 slugs per plant and all around the stems but none anywhere else that i can see but on my babies. Could my insect killer have attrackted them? how do i get rid of them? Im in Ont Canada, Im not sure what kind of slugs they are but they are kinda orangey and small and really slimey. hopefully someone will have some suggestions on how to get rid of theese pests and bring my babies back, the leaves are covered in holes and slime, they are starting to droop a bit but are still quite green.

Slugs are very easy to get rid of.

-You can buy pellets under the name of Snarol (at least in my neck of the woods). Scatter them on the ground around your plants,
or
-scatter some diatomacious earth around. As the slugs ooze across it it will cut them open,
or
-put small cereal-type bowls around, 1/4 full of stale beer. This attracts snails like crazy. They drink the beer and the alcohol kills them.

The 1st 2 products can be found at any garden centre, the last can be found at the bottom of your glass.

Of the 3, the stale beer method is quickest (and cheapest) and will solve your problems in a night or 2.
If I were you I'd use the beer method, and then use of of the other 2 for long-term control.

ok thanx alot, ill go put some beer out know, hope it helps them. I buy some of the other stuff tomorrow. I have 10 more clones to go out so this time ill be prepared.

i also had slug problems but not for long. firstly, you can crush up shells from the beach (if possible), and put around the stem of the plant, slugs will not go over the shells, they are too sharp. secondly, (as mentioned) slugs enjoy beer. they even prefer non-alcohol beer which is even cheaper. if growing out in the forest, bury a margarine container till the top of the container is almost lever with the dirt and add beer. there is a company that makes proper slug bait traps, but i'm too cheap to buy one. anyway, as long as it doesn't rain, you'll get those slimy creatures. i was creative and put a cover over my bait just in case it rains. lastly, put some glass jars in a paper bag and break them up into small pieces (similiar to the shells) and put around the plants and enjoy the your weed in the fall.
peace

so i put some beer out lastnight, when i went to check on them today i see that 1 is dead:( all the leaves are gone. the other 2 look ok, its mainly the lower leaves that are damaged. Should i remove the damaged leaves? i guess its not that biga deal that 1 passed on seeing as i got 10 more healthy clones to go out as soon as im rid of theese snails :D

well the snails are gone. i used the beer, then i bought some snail bait and put some crushed glass around the 2 plants. hopefully that will be the last of my snail trouble.

Latest posts

Back