Help spots and curling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unseenghost

Reaction score
I tried to do better this time. I got a 5X5 gorilla tent, maxfan 6, can33 filter, a bigger res, res heater, oscillating fan, and a hanna grochek meter. Now I still have problems.

When I started this time and the girls were just starting out they were beautiful lush green. I had the res at 5.8-6.1 they were fine with that. I changed the res and screwed up and changed it back to a lower nute level. They were at ariund 500 and messed up to over 800.

Now they are back to 5.8-6.1 at 480 ppm. Res temp at around 70. I know that the leaves that were damaged cannot be fixed, but I thought that the new leaves would be spared. I am at a loss as to what to do now. Please help.

Spots 2.JPG

Spots 3.JPG

Spots.JPG

curl and spots.JPG

curl and spots 2.JPG

PH Temp.JPG

PPM Temp.JPG

Did you check for bugs?

How do you like the Gorilla Tent?

I'm not counting out bugs but I haven't seen any. I know that you don't need to see them for them to be there.

As for the tent I like the zippers and thickness of the tent. Thick as canvas or more. The zippers did let loose rather the stiching did. China made, but a sewing kit and the problem will be fixed. the light tightness is a little to be desired. Have to put some more velcro on some flaps to seal it but much better than what I had. So I would have to say a good choice. Lots of ventilation options with it and the sides zip off. Really expensive tho if you ask me, but I think it's worth it.

The are right at 3 weeks give or take a day. I have been using Fox Farm hydroponic trio along with the powder trio too.

can we have a pic of the whole plant?

Hello unseenghost,

Cool name freind :cool2:

I know absolutlely 30% Knowledge about Hydropanic growing brother.

So i'll just look at what i see and pretend that you are using soil cuz :eek:

First things that come to my mind
: Ph calibration
: Humidity
: PPM
: Calcuim lockout
And then i think the optimal Ph 5.5 probably ideal to drift to Ph 5.8
Might make a difference.

I don't know for sure but i thinks calcium gets close to lockout with a Ph 6.1 in hydro (kinda looks) .
Maybe a couple other macro's as well ???

I am only putting this out there to think about because i can barely spell Hyrdopanic and it scares me to death ..."well subject to change perhaps"

But i wish you luck during the adventure

Welcome aboard THC :)

you burned them when you accidentally bumped the ppms to 800. all your new growth is healthy, and not showing any early signs of burning.

question: did you buy a res heater because you have extremely low temps where you live? you dont want your res to be all that warm. it can wreak havoc on your plants root systems.

I am hoping but even after I fixed the res to a lower ppm they still looked like they were getting worse. I am currently in a holding pattern with them as I want to make sure they are fine. The res heater I got because the temp of the res dipped to around 60-62 at night and I wanted the temp to be at around 68-69. But 70 is where it sets right now and has been since I put it in. I put it in because I only have 2 1/2 months left in this house before I move into the one I am buying. Lower res temps I read and experienced will slow growth down. Even if just a bit I can't afford too much setback.

It looks like they may have suffered a little root burn which can cause all kinds of problems to occur. That also looks like calcium deficiency but it may be coming from the overdose causing something like a lock out. I suspect they will get better in a few days.

If you haven't calibrated your meter very recently then I would highly recommend calibrating it. I calibrate my meters about every 4-6weeks. I also highly recommend that all PH meters have the probes stored in 4.0 calibration fluid whenever they aren't in use as that helps them to stay in calibration. :)

I think that it was a ph issue. The photo showing the ph was just after I adjusted it. It would drift to 6.1 and I now have had it stable at 5.8 - 5.83. No new problems and I think it was a lockout that happened. All seems to be good now thanks all for the inut.

Oh and Hushpuppy as for my meter it gets calibrated every 6 weeks. Give or take a week. It is a meter that has electrode that stay in the res all the time for constant monitoring.

pictures on the bottom show me lack of cal/mag and maybe a tad over on the PH ..meaning to high..

Latest posts

Back