Help with flower seeds.....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonard50

Reaction score
Help with flower seeds.....?

I am planting my first flower bed and have lots of different seeds packets ready to plant in peat pellets
Most of these packets have 100+ seeds in the packets and from what i understand you only use 1 or 2 per peat pellet?
So ovciously (unless you have a huge flower bed) you are not going to need even a third of these packets?? Am i right??
Can you keep the seeds for future years??

Leodard0.. put 'em in an "airtight" container with a desicant pack or a few grains of rice, place 'em in the crisper drawer of the 'fridge. They'll be good next season.. :)

The way my mother taught me back when I was a young'en, and the way I do it today, is to toss a bunch into a little aluminum pan... Like a pie pan full of potting soil. Once they break ground, the weak ones are weeded out and the strong kept and planted. The seeds I use aren't expensive here so it doesn't really matter if only 25% of the pack is actually used.

Storing them like Hick said is most definitely the most economical way to do it though. ;)

Latest posts

Back