Help with pH,and nute def?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wise Man

Green-Leaf-Smoker
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My outdoor plants seem to have a nute def,and an off pH.It started just as the plants started flowering,a few lower leafs started to fade,and quickly yellowed then died off.At first i though it may have just been a slight under fert problem,so i gave them their first dose of flowering nutes,and that didnt improve anything.

The low down..

Soil:Roughly 1/2 potting mix,1/2 yellow sand.

Nutes:Veg,fish emulsion and dynamic lifter and Manutec Bloom Booster.

Flowering:rougly 3 weeks into flower.

pH:If ive done the soil test right,the pH is around 6.0.

The drainage is poor,and i tested the soil,it was around 6..then tested a small bit of sand.It was low,around 4-5(i think this may be the culprit behind it all,except this only started once the plants started flowering).

The plants have also been flooded the past week,due to very heavy rain.I also think the rain may have put the pH out,i read rain has a pH of 5-6.

So im wondering what you guys all think?I also bought sulfur,thinking it would raise pH levels,but when i got home i read it through and said it lowers pH,is that right?.So now im thinkin im gona have to go out and buy something that raises the alkalinity.I hope that helps,here are pics they where taken last week,since then the area has dryed up but no improvements with the plants.

superskunknotlookin g8 skewed.JPG

superskunkfemalerunt skewed.JPG

bagseedstar skewed9.JPG

get something with limestone in it and maybe give the plants a lil dose of nitrogen looks like they could use a bit but yea limestone will work perfect for ya. Pulverized limestone is the most common material used to raise soil pH. Limestone consists either of calcium carbonate (calcitic limestone) or calium/magnesium carbonate (dolomitic limestone). On soils low in magnesium, dolomitic limestone is the preferred form. Lime recommendations for raising soil pH are given in terms of pulverized limestone, but other liming sources can be used.
Raising pH

Pulverized limestone is the most common material used to raise soil pH. Limestone consists either of calcium carbonate (calcitic limestone) or calium/magnesium carbonate (dolomitic limestone). On soils low in magnesium, dolomitic limestone is the preferred form. Lime recommendations for raising soil pH are given in terms of pulverized limestone, but other liming sources can be used. (click here if you might use wood ashes)

Apply lime only if a need is indicated by the results of soil testing and the requirements of the plants being grown. Over liming can reduce nutrient availability, especially of micronutrients like iron, manganese, and zinc. Iron deficiency (chlorosis) of pin oak, for example, is common when soil pH is greater than 7.0.

Latest posts

Back