Helping friend, need your help :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbudsbruddah

Senior Smoker
Reaction score
Like to start out saying hello to everyone, most of you don't know me but i used to post here alot a long time ago when i was growing my own herb. Wife and Kids put a end to my growing days for now. But my buddy built a sweet set-up and asked me to help him get it going good.

So here is where i need your help, he has a sweet little grow room built under his stairs all walled off very stealthy. He is using a hydro system which i was always a soil grower so i am a little clueless on this aspect of the grow as well. We will get to that issue later.

For now he has asked me to buy him some seeds, i have a few questions. Which seed banks are good, back when i grew i always used Dr. Chronic but that was long ago, is he still around? Also being under the stairs height is limited so i was thinking it needs to be a SOG kind of grow. Any advice on strains and seed banks or anything else for that matter would be awesome.

I have had good dealings with bonza seeds and attitude seedbank.
Bonza has a better selection but attitude has super fast shipping.

Hi bbb, nice to see you and nice you are helping a friend. I like Attitude seeds as well.

Yeah i was just looking at attitude but i am like a kid in a candy store with all those options. Who makes the best lowryder strains? or just short growing strains in general

You have to ask is your buddy growing for himself or to pay off some bills etc Second thing is you want a long flowering strain or short i look for strains in the 45 - 60 day range there are many hybrid strains out there every tends to automatically think by doing a sog your going to yield more ??? Not true
Under stairs ???? so telling me something like 3 feet wide by 4 feet long by 5 - 6 feet high usable space may be your better off going scrog 3 x 4 table 1 - 2 plants with another room vegging possibly ??? picking a strain IMO just start looking till you find something that yields descent easy to grow in confined spaces , short bushy , and the high your buddy is looking for

Good to see you Bigbudsbruddah--it has been a while. Good for you for helping out your buddy. Selecting a seed broker is easy, selecting a strain from the thousands offered is the hard part. There really are a lot of quality seed banks out there and they have been mentioned.

First, I wouldn't be for going with Lowryder or any other auto. Go with a good photoperiod plant (or plants) and he can clone and be self sufficient and free from buying seeds.

The seed choice should be based on what kind of smoke he likes and the high he wants. So before we go recommending anything, can you give us an idea of whether he is looking for something more sativa (could be scrogged) or more indica? Does he want an up high or a couch-lock high? THAT should be the determining factor in the selection.

He is doing this for profit so trying to get the most weight per plant is preferred. Any suggestions?

If he is wanting high yields then don't go auto. They are not high yielding plants. doing scrog will definitely yield more for the area than sog, IMO

Latest posts

Back