Herm....? or what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th3dud3

Reaction score
4 weeks into flowering and i just noticed this on one my plants really strong and good looking plant but these are scaring me. so whats up.

whatthis.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

pretty.jpg

my guess is (and please others chime in on this thought) is that this plant is not herming at all. She got pollinated.

i dont think its possible, none of my other plants show ne signs of being male. Ive thoroughly checked them all and all 5 other ones are strong females with very well developing buds, they all look just like the 3rd picture.

it doesn't look hermie to me... but i dont know what that is haven't seen that ever... but why dont you just ride it out... and see..it could be the bud forming... just my opinion though

i dunno what you guys are seeing, but it looks like a hermi to me.

i remember reading something somewhere that plants sometime produce a false male pod, i think i remember them comparing it to a little banana that shows up but doesnt do nething. although i cant find where i actually read it. has neone else ever heard of something like that or what it is?

i popped a couple of these pods off did a little disecting and noticed spores developing, and a bit of research, its definatly a male flower which means my plant is herm. O well that still leaves 5 plants that are still showing 100% female. but now im scared. Heres to hopeing that the others dont turn out the same way or got pollenated:( .

I think ill just move it to a different room. it'll still be smokable if i finish it off right?

Ya it will still be smokable since it still produces bud but it prob won't be as good. Just make sure to cut off the male pods as they show so it won't pollenate itself.

i herd if u use pollen from a hermi it will produce hermi's so i wouldnt do that IMOH.

heh, yeah, no clue why you'd say it wasn't a herm....it's definately a herm without a doubt.

He would say its not because he doesn`t know enough info or what to look for would be my guess and yes its a herm. I new a guy who had only grown one plant and it was a Herm and he thought he new enough to swear up and down that plants are both male and female not both sexes.

th3dud3 said:
i remember reading something somewhere that plants sometime produce a false male pod, i think i remember them comparing it to a little banana that shows up but doesnt do nething. although i cant find where i actually read it. has neone else ever heard of something like that or what it is?

Yes they look like a little yellow banana. about one half the plants in the strain I grow will produce one banana at the top of the biggest bud 1 week before I chop. It don't mean nothing to me except their days is numbered.

Latest posts

Back