hermaphrodite !?!?!?!? what to do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bapro

Reaction score
hey
ive never had one of these before ....half of the buds are male and half female...
do i have to kill this she male so it doesnt infect my garden ???\\

thanks

yeah get that hermie outta there, you could move it to a different location and snip all the male stems and maybe save some of it, but you DONT want it in with other ones.

man am i bummed ....
i was down to two plants in bloom and now only ONE remains...

lucky for me it was my favorite plant ......

i hope it wasnt pollinated .......

crossing fingers

as long as the male sacks didnt break open you should be fine.

what is the problem with the hermie? if its a shemale plant let this boy use the sheparts.

will it knock it self up?

a hermi' will fill all of your bud with worthless seeds.

so can he removed the male outparts and salvage the buds or is it just a total waste?

..1 spec of pollen + 1 pistill = 1 seed
"any" polln that escapes will contaminat the grow

my hermie just popped a sack open after only about ten days in flower, i only have one other plant in there and it hasnt revieled sex yet. also it was sitting right under my exhaust fan and had no other fans blowing on it so hopefully it wont cause too much trouble in there.

hey hick anything i should do to the room to help get rid of any pollen that might have gotten loose?

CQ so that plant was hermie ??
i was right then :)

well i am pretty sure it was a hermie, it started getting white hairs just like a female would, but that one pollen sack popped open so it was destroyed.

misting with water will help neutralize any stray pollen.

do you guys pre flower to find males? is this good/bad for the plant???

I have never pre flowered ....... it seems like a waste of time to do ....you set back your plants by a couple of weeks cuz of the adjustment they have to make to go bloom and then back to veg.......

I just go forward with all my plants through veg.....which of course uses up some resources .... and hope that i get enough females to make it all worthwhile .

SInce i got screwed on my last batch ,and ended up with only one plant ..i now err on the side of caution and start a lot more seeds at the beginning.

I have an even dozen started this time cuz i ideally want to end up with 6-8 plants........ that are female !!! no hermies !!! no males !!

i got 4 females out of 12 plants and 1 was a hermie.so im down to 3 females

quick and easy sexing?...
take and label a cut from each plant, place them in a glass of water,under 12/12. Once you've determined the gender of each, you can eliminate the males by the corresponfing label, AND take more cuts from the established fems for future use.

Latest posts

Back