Hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Well bummer,my plant came up to be a hermie.
Will this make seeds?Its skunkX Afg. feminized seed..
Is hermies ok to smoke?cuss iam low..lol
oneshot

You can smoke hermie bud....but if you grow them out that far there is a good chance they will pollinate any other females you have. If there are no other ladies going in your grow and you are a lil desperate for smoke then go for it...but you will want to wash down everything after this grow. You don't want hermie pollen laying around anywhere. jmo

Thanks Hamster
I thought one could smoke it but you have any idea what its like?
and no other plants iam growing..cuss I could just start over but like I said Iam oUt of bud...
thanks 0neshot

you'll have lots of seeds but will be smokable. wont taste as good as no seeded stuff but better than nuthin. let it grow out and smoke it up. dont save any seeds cause they too will be hermies. start from scratch and smoke your hermie.

My second grow ever was bagseed that turned out to be all hermies. I grew them all the way through though. I hope you don't mind it taking you 10 minutes to break up a bowl pack because you have to pick out 20-30 seeds, but it will be ok to smoke. You just don't really get any decent buds because the plants will devote all of their bud-making energy to producing seeds but yea the smoke still gets you buzzed.

And Hamster is right, you definitely want to wash everything down after your grow and I would not use the seeds from it because they will all be hermie as well.

thanks all
Will let u guys know how things come out and will get another one started.
I always start out with seed,It went into a bad stress cuss of ph meter went bad.it was to low...
great smoking and have one for me..lol
oneshot

oneshot said:
thanks all
Will let u guys know how things come out and will get another one started.
I always start out with seed,It went into a bad stress cuss of ph meter went bad.it was to low...
great smoking and have one for me..lol
oneshot

Was this bagseed?

If you started with bagseed, that is probably the reason it hermied, rather than pH problems. That is the reason that you throw away all the seeds that hermies produce...hermies produce hermies.

what ive done because i have dealt with allot of hermies because i grow allot of bagseed outdoors is to pick off the small balls and flowers when you can. use clippers though because you dont want to be touching your buds everyday.

Home_grownman08 said:
what ive done because i have dealt with allot of hermies because i grow allot of bagseed outdoors is to pick off the small balls and flowers when you can. use clippers though because you dont want to be touching your buds everyday.

Do not do that and think it is a normal general way to handle this

Hi all,and thanks for commits.First,the seed was feminized Afgan skunkX..I have been growng this strain 3 grow,no problem..
Iam still inclined to beleive it was the ph problem,nute lock out.I looked at pictures and new seen it looked like cal/mag but it was not.I got a couple of test water working with the regular and hardwater micro..Will let you know.
thank
oneshot

oneshot said:
Hi all,and thanks for commits.First,the seed was feminized Afgan skunkX..I have been growng this strain 3 grow,no problem..
Iam still inclined to beleive it was the ph problem,nute lock out.I looked at pictures and new seen it looked like cal/mag but it was not.I got a couple of test water working with the regular and hardwater micro..Will let you know.
thank
oneshot

"femm'ed, 'ghaniXskunk"..... "3 grows"... ?? are they seeds that 'you' made from one of the previous grows?.. or from the original pack? "IMO"... if the slight stress of a ph fluctuation triggers the hermie tendency, it was pretty 'un'-stable anyway.

There IS a product that is reputed to halt/retard the production of male stamen. I "think" it was a product by Dutch Masters called "Reverse". But I have no personal or firsy hand experiences to relate.

unless she is very late in flowering and showing very few nanners I would toss her. start with good seeds which arent expensive...hit the attitude..

the pic of bud of the month was a hermie..if you look close she had two nanners I saw and few more I found in the bud...I cut her a bit early...she was bag seed. beautiful bud and plant....

I just found out that one of my strains is a Herm..
I am putting them outside. If they finish, cool...if not, I don't care. I just do not want them with my other girls.

animal454 said:
I just found out that one of my strains is a Herm..
I am putting them outside. If they finish, cool...if not, I don't care. I just do not want them with my other girls.

I would get rid of them completely. Putting them outside is no guarantee that they will not pollinate your inside girls or someone elses grow. Pollen can travel a long ways.

hick
ok,may friend,they were DR Chronics seeds..
THE name of the seeds is,,AFGHAN KUSH x SKUNK,FEMINIZED..
And I had 3 plants grow ok,it just the 1 plant did this..
With the gh hardwater micro and my water didnt work rite!THe one plant was almost dead two different times..Reading my notes my ph had dropped 5.4 and 5.3ph..I think it was nute lock out!!
The 420 site had a picture of the lock..
I thought it was cal/mag def.so ,after looking close at cal/mag piture deficeincy but was not that..
I got new meter and the ph was to low,plant is about 2.5ft high now and growing fast.I set my ph at 5.8 and doing great..
thank you all..
oneshot

Latest posts

Back