Hermies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
craterlake said:
Oh gosh your killing me!! I haven't figured out how to yet!! As I have told you Roddy, I have downloaded Picasa and resized my pics but when I try and upload, it keeps telling me that the upload failed. So I know it's me, I'm not doing something right:confused2: Which is why I asked for pics also, so I could compare! I'll keep trying!!:eek: Thanks!

Sorry Crater, I knew you hadn't mastered pics yet, and like a fool, I ask for them :doh: ....We'll work on getting you up and running!!

MosesPMG said:
It is definitely a hermie, but if you can or choose to, instead of tossing the plant, you can pick off all the nanners everyday and still get a decent crop. if you have the room, move it as far as possible away from the other plants or even in its own room.

Thanks! I just went in and took a good close look at all my ladies and I'm afraid there are more exibiting the hermie thing! So what happens if I just leave them? If they're all 'infected', I may as well leave them alone?? I should still get some pretty good smoke, but will have seeds? Is this correct?

Picking the nanners will NOT stop the pant from hermying nor from spreading pollen....if you go this route, you will definitely need to do a very thorough cleaning and any plants in the room (or even house) will likely be hermied as well. Keep in mind you'll most likely contaminate the others accidentally even if you're very cautious....central air, fans, your body, clothes...anything can carry the pollen around!

Roddy said:
Picking the nanners will NOT stop the pant from hermying nor from spreading pollen....if you go this route, you will definitely need to do a very thorough cleaning and any plants in the room (or even house) will likely be hermied as well. Keep in mind you'll most likely contaminate the others accidentally even if you're very cautious....central air, fans, your body, clothes...anything can carry the pollen around!

I just went in and took another good look at my 7 ladies and, woe is me, I think I see hermies on six of them! (sigh) Me thinks it's too late to move anything now! But I will have to thoroughly clean my closet before next years crop! I don't plan on growing through the summer, so I will have plenty of time to get things cleaned up. Bummer! But I will still get some pretty good smoke I hope, just have seeds.

tanks!

Sorry for the hermies, my friend, hope the smoke is good anyway!!! Did you get the pics thing figured out?? I have a bit of time and would be happy to try to walk you through...

Have skype?

Roddy said:
Sorry for the hermies, my friend, hope the smoke is good anyway!!! Did you get the pics thing figured out?? I have a bit of time and would be happy to try to walk you through...

Have skype?

Sorry Roddy, I locked my computer up and it gave me a keyboard error, but I'm up again! No, I don't have Skype. I'm familiar with it but haven't used it. Is this something that I would need to download? I dug out my old web cam but the computer trouble started when I plugged it in! Sooo...I'm thinking that it is out of date or something, not sure.

Roddy said:

Have skype?

OK, I just checked Skype out and I see you don't need a web cam! Everytime I've seen Skype on the tube, they are on a video. I see now that that is not necessary just to make a call.

:ciao: craterlake..and Good morning....IMO..if all the plants are Hermie its the beans?..I would go with the finish of them..go in as often as ya can and fine tooth comb for those nanners..once they start showing you will know what they are...pick them all and mist the plant...misting will kill pollen...just dont go soaking the buds down as this can cause mold...good luck on the uploading..sounds like ya are getting it

craterlake said:
OK, I just checked Skype out and I see you don't need a web cam! Everytime I've seen Skype on the tube, they are on a video. I see now that that is not necessary just to make a call.

Skype isn't needed, would make it simpler to chat with you. I can try in here with pm's if you'd like? Either way, I am able to try to help if you're wanting!!

I'm not familiar with skype, but if it involves possibly divulging any personal information, including phone numbers, ip, webcam images of yourself, ect. "MY" advice, is don't be a fool!!!
You have 'no idea' who or what you might be revealing to, or has access to it.

Roddy said:
Skype isn't needed, would make it simpler to chat with you. I can try in here with pm's if you'd like? Either way, I am able to try to help if you're wanting!!

I just downloaded the free version of Skype. I have gotten help through the pm and still am having problems. I have downsized my pics to 640, but where I get stuck is the upload part. If I click on manage attch. it brings up a box with directions to 'Browse" When I click on that, it brings up a page listing the Picasa stuff, but no matter what I click on in there it gives me an 'upload failed' message. Sooo......

Hick said:
I'm not familiar with skype, but if it involves possibly divulging any personal information, including phone numbers, ip, webcam images of yourself, ect. "MY" advice, is don't be a fool!!!
You have 'no idea' who or what you might be revealing to, or has access to it.

It's a chat just like any others, the only info you share are your screen names. It's safe or I'd not be using it! :) You can list your screen name i your profile, so I'm guessing MP trusts it.

Roddy said:
It's a chat just like any others, the only info you share are your screen names. It's safe or I'd not be using it! :) You can list your screen name i your profile, so I'm guessing MP trusts it.

I have never gotten into any chat rooms. In order to chat, do you need a phone number?

No worries, I am here and will help in pm if I can...we'll do everything we can to get you posting pics, my friend!!

Roddy said:
No worries, I am here and will help in pm if I can...we'll do everything we can to get you posting pics, my friend!!

Much appreciated!! How is this using Skype? And by the way, your location says Michigan, but you're in a different time zone than me!

Impossible lol, If you're in Michigan, we're on the same zone!

Skype is a chat, we are both showing up and can see each other when trying to respond (your "pen" moves on the screen). It's great for having conversations, I do this alot since I am the GF of my mafia in MW on FB LMAO

I use Paint to resize my pics. Every PC has it and, truly if can do it any one should be able to--I am a computer idiot.

If you had one plant hermie, I am not surprised that the others did as they were all bagseed. This is the danger of using bagseed. Any time you find seeds in good bud that should be sensemillian, it almost always came from self pollination and results in seeds with the hermie trait. I would try and clip off the nanners as you see them, but you will absolutely end up with seeds in your bud and probably a lower quality than if your plants were not expending most of their energy making seeds. And to make matters worse, those seeds are no good and should be destroyed.

Latest posts

Back