hermo fem blueberry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitocorleone

MuscularGermanCyborgJew
Reaction score
one of the branches on my only surviving blueberry fem plant is all seeds... but big huge juicy looking seeds....

i can sprout these like regular seeds even though they're not dry, right? they're huge and they've gotta be viable...

hehehe.....are these femenized seeds? i'm assuming it seeded itself....

is it more likely to have hermo traits?
can someone answer...

franks

yea its going to have the hermi trait if it pollinated itself.

If they are a product of hermi pollen, they will be 'more likely' to express hermis again.
Seeds will be more viable after a drying period of say 30 days or so.

Was there any time that males were near the female? If not then they will be hermi seeds and of no use. Also, the seeds should go through a dry spell first to make them viable. If this were not the case the seeds would be sprouting before they even left the bud. Good luck!

TGT

hermi blueberry x hermi blueberry = ? guaranteed hermi blueberry? hey at least that's half buds, right? is there any chance it won't be a hermi?

oh yeah... the bb plant was set with the rest of the plants.....but i thought i pulled the males in time..... so i'm pretty sure it seeded itself with it's male and female parts...unless there was some polen i didn't know about....

Can you think of any type of stress the plant went through. If your plant led an uneventfull life, there's a good chance that it isn't a hermie and is actually pollinated.

This would make the seeds from an unknown liniage because, as you say, your males were pulled in time. This probably leads to an expierienced grower in your neighborhood who didn't get their males out of the wind.

I've seen indoor get zapped by the pimply face kid down the block.

Then again, it may be hermied, too.

-

Latest posts

Back