Hey Family: Thanksgiving recipes and secrets in the kitchen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmd420

SUPERBABY
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! First off, I have to say that I wish I was a millionaire to have all my folks here at MP join me for T-giving..my favorite holiday..

All the family and food of Christmas without the hassles!

So here's what I got...(these are things that I have done that worked out really well..not just stuff that I heard worked....kind of like with growing!)

1.Use a cheesecloth to wrap your turkey...it will come out GOLDEN (literally..color-wise) I did that and they said that you could have put that bad boy on the cover of a magazine..and it tasted fantastic too...

2.Cook breast side down for the first hour or so so all the juices run down into the breast meat and distribute evenly in the bird..

That's all I got...

I've been looking into brining (soaking the turkey for 24 hours in salt water to get a super juicy bird )the turkey and I think I'll try it this year....

Good ideas for yummy side dishes are soooo underappreciated...:)

brine!!! absolutly the best way to get flavor and not dry yur bird! doesn't matter if u use oven, grill, smoker, or fry.

2Dog said:
I bought a turkey this is my plan...

clean it pat it dry stuff pot under the skin..and inside the bird along with garlic and onions and some oregeno. next I will cover it with a cheescloth. then I baste it was a mixture of oen bottle cheap white one mixed with 2 cubes of butter...keep cloth on til last hour then remove to brown the bird....

im going to make this no bake white chocolate pie..sounds dreamy...
No-Bake White Chocolate Pie
by Dorie Greenspan
published: 10/25/2009
Related Features
1. Recipe Advice
2. Pumpkin Pie Recipe- Traditional
3. Cherry Pie with Spiral Crust This sweet, fluffy pie hides a surprise: fresh bananas!

4 oz. white chocolate (preferably imported), finely chopped
1/2 lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
1 banana, thinly sliced
One ready-made graham-cracker crust (9 inches)

1. Warm the chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of lightly simmering water. Remove from heat when only partially melted; stir to melt completely.

2. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, then the sour cream. Whip the heavy cream until firm; gently fold into chocolate filling.

3. Put the banana slices on the crust, top with the filling, and chill at least 2 hours. If you’d like, sprinkle with grated dark chocolate before serving.

Serves 8. Per serving: 350 calories, 34g carbs, 5g protein, 40mg cholesterol, and 21g fat.

instead of bananas I was thinking cherries or blueberries?? what do ya think chef??

I also plan on making rice krispies treats dipped into white chocolate with dark chocolate drizzled over it...so good..........maybe some pretzels too..

Alright...sooooo.... I'll be over around 2 or so...:)

nice...smoke out before dinner. then on to dessert ;)

sour cream and chives mashed potatos...sooo good. I am going to try making garlicy greens too...

2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup sour cream 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives salt and pepper to taste
Directions
Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to come up 2 inches from the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until fork tender. Drain, and mash. Mix in the milk using a potato masher or an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the sour cream and chives, and season with salt and pepper.

Oh..one more thing for the mashed...if you put them back in the empty pot, after you drain them, over low heat for 1min or so, it evaporates more moisture from the spuds so you get a fluffier mash..

I totally forget to add chives to my mashed, but I love it and so does the mrs cmd..good call

I will put garlic too...fun times. so good u can skip the gravey calories..

wow! that's a spread, u'll need a place for all to let it sink in, sofa, floor, lots of zzzs. chocolate fan? $

lol my mom and aunt are cooking too...lots of good food. if I am really lucky there will be portugee sweet bread...

I like to concentrate on my stuffing using toasted herbed (not THAT kind) bread cubes , adding the usual celery/onions (sauted') then throw in dried cranberrys, toasted slivered almonds -chopped cashews-pecans-walnuts and fresh pinenuts all moistened with stock from the Turkey neck and gizzards. I stuff the bird and bake inna casserole whatevers left. My wife isn't big on stuffing but goes back for seconds on this one.

Side dish..

Pumpkin pasta with a rum nog chantilly

Pumpkin pasta ~ (add canned pumpkin to your fav pasta recipe) I don't use a machine. I mix, nead, roll and cut by hand. Once you have it down, you can race through this step in like 15 minutes (plus 30 minutes to rest your pasta dough, time to make the sauce) I use a pizza cutter to cut with.

Nog chantilly ~ This is my version of a chantilly or Mousseline. I don't really measure anything, so bare with me on this one..

Boil a tall pot of water. If you are trying to feed 20 people, use 1/2 a dozen or so egg yolks at room temp in a large steel bowl. Poor in about 1/3 a cup of white sugar. Your looking for sweet/savory here. whisk until thoroughly mixed, then whisk some more. Drop pot of water to barely a simmer. Set yolks on top for a double boiler. Whisk like hell and don't stop even for a second. Add about 3/4 stick of real butter (don't skimp here) a TBSP slice at a time, saving back one slice to finish the sauce. Add just shy of a quart of heavy cream (yeah, it's as good as granola;) ) Add 1/2 a shot of dark Puerto Rican rum (and for gods sake, no spiced) Add spices. 1/2 a teaspoon of premixed pumpkin pie spice will work just fine with a little freshly grated nutmeg kicker. Add contents of one vanilla bean or add a splash of vanilla extract (the real stuff ya cheap bastard). Stir like hell until the sauce thickens. This will be the smoothest thing you will ever stick in your mouth. The mouth feel is wow factor. Add last of butter to shine sauce (don't worry, it's like tofu! Who cares??) set aside. Take pot of water to boiling again. Hope I'm not missing anything;) Ok, here we go...

In a large sautee pan, saute finely diced onions in butter and olive oil mix. You can add mushrooms, diced butternut squash etc. but I don't. It's just too much. Add some nuts of your choice. Walnuts are good. I like pecans. Add more butter. Boil pasta 90 seconds. Drain pasta. Add pasta to sautee pan and quickly toss to coat. Put on a plate. Grate fresh pecorino or parm on top. Drizzle chantilly over the top in thin ribbons. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Watch your women declare her undying love to you over and over. Goes well with steak too!

Happy Holidays!

Post Thanks Giving leftover main dish..

Get out yer fav pasta recipe again. This time add cranberry sauce. The gel kind only, please;)

Sautee onions, mushrooms (your choice of kind. I like the Red Wine Agaricus myself, but I have to go out and pick them myself, so you see the stoner dilemma?) and crushed garlic with a pinch of salt. Add chunked up leftover turkey and heat through. Make your fav alfredo (your own, packaged, jarred, it doesn't matter. If you use jarred or packaged, just do it fast before anyone sees what yer up to. Discard evidence and claim it's homemede. If you can pull that off, make someone else do the dishes;) ) and add to pan. Ground fresh pepper over the top (what ever kind you prefer. I like.. Oh, nevermind). Boil cranberry pasta. Add pasta to sauce. Put it on a plate. For a really good impression, wipe of any splatters. Top with a fresh grate of pecorino or parm. Add a dab of cranberry sauce to the top (whole berry kind please... This is a MUST!) sprinkle over with fresh chopped Italian parsley. Serve with whatever bread you can make look right for this dish. I suggest sourdough. Now, sit back and watch your kids eat it like it's chocolate cake. That's right little kiddies... Eat it up..:cool:

I know.. What the hell's up with NV and all these stupid sweet/savory homemade pasta things. It's cool. I'm done. Late.

Happy Holidays!

EDIT: Oops. I may have posted these in the wrong thread. I'm really tired and stoned. Can someone please show me where the bathroom is? Nevermind...

Server busy.

1:03am PST. I think.

There's a bunch of people on here. I don't know any of them.

~NV

Latest posts

Back