Hick..Goddess...Family! Gonna need your help on this one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol

Chef, the 120/240v are nothing to do with the bulb wattage. If i remember right thats the speed of the current not the strength (Please correct me on that).

In Europe we use 240v in the states i believe you mainly use 120.

A ballast is only made for a certain Wattage bulb. 1000w ballast = 1000w bulb, 600w ballast = 600w Bulb and so on. You would need to buy a new ballast and bulb. Dont know if it would fit in that shade. a 600w might.

Thnx Jericho! How much of a risk am i taking usinf this in a apt?

I use a 600w in an apartment 24/0.

Think of it this way, the halogen heaters usually have settings go between 1200w and 2400w. I'm pretty sure some people are keeping there heating on most the day and doubt they are being raided.

Try using the kettle or electric heaters/ cookers a little less and it will compensate.

Sweet! Thnx brother! Just gotta get some smaller fans and a out take vent and i'm good to go then!

the chef said:
Thnx Jericho! How much of a risk am i taking usinf this in a apt?

You are quite safe chef....Especially in the winter when it is cold out. The electric company cares mostly about one thing.....getting paid. I really don't think they go volunteering that info to the cops...it is usually the cops alerted by something else that go to them and pull your records. Jmo

As long as your bill gets paid on time they are happy and the higher the better it is for them. They don't want the genarated electricity to go to waste their in the biz of selling electric.

The Ozman speaketh! So it shall be done! I'm like uber excited now! A trip to the depot is in order i think!

Chef you're going to be looking between 20 and 35 bucks give a take a month to run it 12/12. Provided you can pull fresh air from one side of the hood, and pull it back out to the fan and have that exhaust you need a minimum of 170CFM. Typically that will be a 4" flange so if your hood is 6" go with something a little larger around 220 CFM or so. If you plan to move at some point and go a little larger room size go even a little larger.

Not to alarm you, but there is a cause for some concern running that on an apartment circuit. 1000 watts should be run on a 20 amp circuit which will be run in 12/2 wire. Look in to your breaker panel and make sure that whatever circuit runs the plug you are planning to use is a 20 amp. If you have no idea what you are looking at take a picture of the box, figure out which breaker turns off that leg and show me.

Running a 1000 watt set up on 14/2 wire with a 15 amp breaker, while it can be done, is taking a risk as this will heat up.

If you have an electric dryer plug, and it is close to said closet it would be a better idea to run this puppy 240. It will cost the same to run it, but it will run more efficiently if that makes sense. It will require a special cord though which will be super easy to find for that system.

Hope that helps.

Yup i'm gonna look and i'll let u know! Thnx! Gonna be a bit before i plug in! Got to know your equipment first..ya know!

the chef said:
Goona put the Kushes under em! Got 3 kandy kushes x skunk and three Bubba's veggin right now! Course as soon as i get a different bulb fer it it might catch what i got in flower right now!

sounds great, cant wait to see how they turn out for u

Well chewy after talking to a few people.....after i get a couple of fans...she's get's lit! Gonna rock the 1000k at it's fullest!

Chef, you are going to love the 1000 if you can keep it cool.

ok chef i jumped ship mand followed ure lead today, ordered me some lights not quite as powerful as ures, but im in a tiny tiny grow room
hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HNPGKA/ref=oss_product
check it out, hope i posted that rite

ChewbacaKz said:
ok chef i jumped ship mand followed ure lead today, ordered me some lights not quite as powerful as ures, but im in a tiny tiny grow room
hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HNPGKA/ref=oss_product
check it out, hope i posted that rite
That's actually a killer deal. Good job!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Chef, you are going to love the 1000 if you can keep it cool.
Got 2 in-line duct booster fans in mind(home depot) Pushing and pulling about 220cfm each. Was also possibly looking into making a cooltube...any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back