High Temps need some help / Pics droppy plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
OK yesterday i switch to the HPS because they are about to go into 12/12 , i live in the midwest and its pretty hot where i live so my closet gets hot, the temps get up to like 95 , but i dont think higher, will my plants die you think , theres used to like 88 degree temps but this HPS ups them , i also watered them yesterday so they might be droppy becuase of that , im not sure , any advise would help, note and dont have money to spend lol :joint4:

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

My plants are around 90 degrees a lot of the time and they are making some big buds so I think your alright. You definitly want it cooler but i dont think it will kill them. Your room could be 100 degrees but as long as the roots dont get that hot your alright. Do you have the glass plate on your hps? That makes a difference.

MrOysterhead said:
no i dont , that will help you say

It will help considerably! I can grow to a centimenter of my HPS with glass!

ok cool well ill lock for something i can put on there , does it have to be glass

yes it does and it should be tempered glass as well. What else would you think of using?

i dunno a thick good l type of plastic
but ya , ill try to location something

wat exactly is this peice of glass, does it mean the light can be closer to the plants.

i have mine in flowering and they seem to like the heat..i keep them at 82min 96max on the temp..it more like a under\over watering issue to me..also ive seen plants around that size go rootbound really quick..from your pic i would say there around 2.5 gallon pots right?

Just some late input on the heat issue. YOur plants will be alright at 90' but you really really dont want them to be any hotter than that. I have had moderate success with temps in the high 90's in past summer months but you will not have acheived max yield. The glass is a good thing for two reasons, it will help your exhaust fan pull heat directly across your bulb and out your hood(assuming your using an exhaust on your hood) and if the unthinkable should happen and you have an exploding bulb, in will help to protect you, and your plants and equipment. An exploding bulb, while very rare, is a very violent and dangerous thing. Happy Harvesting

HYDRO333 said:
wat exactly is this peice of glass, does it mean the light can be closer to the plants.
This is the glass that slides in your hood between the bulb and the plant canopy. Sometimes glass sometimes specialty tempered heat resistent plastic. NEVER just plain ol plastic or plexy glass. When used properly, it should seal the under side of your hood allowing the air being pulled of by your exhaust fan come directly across from the opposite side exhaust port effectively cooling your bulb and reducing any downward heat.

mndovrmtr420 said:
This is the glass that slides in your hood between the bulb and the plant canopy. Sometimes glass sometimes specialty tempered heat resistent plastic. NEVER just plain ol plastic or plexy glass. When used properly, it should seal the under side of your hood allowing the air being pulled of by your exhaust fan come directly across from the opposite side exhaust port effectively cooling your bulb and reducing any downward heat.

With the smaller HPS (like my 150, with glass) you don't even need a fan. If you just stick the duct out of your grow box, it will keep the box cool enough (in my experience). I mean, I still suggest a fan, but you can get by without one.

ok thanks for the tips , another thing is i dont have and exhaust fan , i just have a fan that circulates air throw them and the i have a fan on the top shelf blowing air out of the crack in the opeing dooors to push air out

I would suggest if you live in the mid-west try and run your lights at night so the heat index is lower and also if you have central air "which i am sure you do in the mid-west "you can tie into your AC duct and push some cool air in that way...just a few thoughts ....take care and have fun...

Latest posts

Back