High Times: Pot and Religion article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.greengenes

Reaction score
I just read Pot and Religion: The Big Bhang Theory in High Times August edition. Very interesting. For those of us who participate in cannabis intoxication, it is easy to re-imagine history from a very different perspective. The article suggests that cannabis may have fallen into disfavor with the world's major religions because of the chaos and anarchy that mass intoxication had on its congregants. Also, that Jesus was a stoner...the most high. I realize some might consider this sacrilge, but the bible is clear that Jesus really liked his wine. Hard to believe he would have abstained from killer cannabis in that context. (Or maybe he just never inhaled).

this reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend yesterday...
where's Jesus' childhood in the bible?
never hear anything on that..
was he good in school or did he suck at math maybe?
did he ever pull a prank?
what was puberty like for him?
did he ever do the 'you show me yours I'll show you mine' thing?
did he ever get laid?
how old was he when he had his first drink?
did he masturbate?
where's the answers to these questions?

ishnish said:
this reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend yesterday...
where's Jesus' childhood in the bible?
never hear anything on that..
was he good in school or did he suck at math maybe?
did he ever pull a prank?
what was puberty like for him?
did he ever do the 'you show me yours I'll show you mine' thing?
did he ever get laid?
how old was he when he had his first drink?
did he masturbate?
where's the answers to these questions?

Well, he was a good Jewish kid who questioned authority. We'll probably never know the answer to those questions because the man, the myth and the legend are forever entombed in thousands of years of dogmatic theological conspiracy and cover-up. Personally, I spent a few too many years of my life swallowing what the religious mafia was spooning out. That doesn't mean that I don't have my own personal faith and belief system. I think most people do. And I agree that politics and religion don't belong in this forum, except that the role of cannabis historically impacted humanity as a whole including the foundations of most major religions as the article points out.

Popular belief now is that the big J-ster spent the 12 years in the supposed wilderness with the Essenes (sp?). About all the historians have on these rowdy Jewish boys is that they probably wrote the Dead Sea scrolls, leaned toward Eastern philosophy and "sniffed hemp seeds placed on hot stones."

Go ahead, connect the dots.;)

Connect the dots indeed. There's an interesting story here. A potential re-telling of the New Testament under the influence of cannabis. On second thought, forget it. I saw The Last Temptation of Christ and thought it was garbage. Besides, it would probably just expose more closet-homosexual, drug-addled, preachers and priests. Reminds me of a joke I saw way too many years ago on Laugh In: The dirty old man approaches Ruth Buzzie at the bus stop and says "Do you believe in the hereafter?" She says "Yes". The dirty old man says "Good, then you know what I'm here after"...with a subtle emphasis on s-e-x. Guess you had to be there. Pencil, I gotta get you some photos of my Super Lemon Haze. Hydro is the way to grow. Just incredible results so far.

There are many points in the bible where Jesus was using MJ to heal with and that its use was also known to all of the disciples and Jesus. Meaning that they were all burnouts to some degree. Hey you have to be to be out wandering around out int he desert for so long, id bet they were eating peyote too. As far as Jesus' childhood there are many stories about it in the old testament and a few in the new testament as well. For much of his childhood was spend learning the trade of his father (Joseph) and tending to the family flock (animals) as well as his other brothers. Just as frankincense & myrrh are sap from trees that also have an intoxicating effect (not to mention that they were some of his birthday gifts) were also known to be healing substances.

I seen this show on the the Discovery Channel(Secret Lives of Jesus), and it was talking bout Jesus, That he was a bad child untill he found out how much good he can do with his powers. And talking bout his trip to india and other mideastern places that "ARE KNOWN" for produceing the best landrace pot known to man. Its really good imma try to find u all the link to check out the preview of it.

#1 The bible is fake and full of lies.

#2 There was never a person named Jesus Christ, son of god who walked around healing folks and performing miracles.

Never died, never resurrected. Never happened.

Now stop talking about it.

Wow, Effen G, thanks for the authoritative and well thought out declaration of certainty. I can tell you for sure that there is a living Jesus...he makes a miraculous burrito down at the taqueria (easy on the hot sauce please).
I don't respond very well to anyone who expresses to me that I should stop talking about anything (especially since we are typing text into this forum). If it's off limits because of the rules of the site, fine. It can be deleted. But if it offends you and some profound sense of atheism you espouse then you should simply ignore it or debate it. Now be good and run along...you're dismissed. Back at you.

The Effen Gee said:
#1 The bible is fake and full of lies.

#2 There was never a person named Jesus Christ, son of god who walked around healing folks and performing miracles.

Never died, never resurrected. Never happened.

Now stop talking about it.

U R Effen DUMB!!! if u felt that way, u didnt have to read the post. silly @$$ B!#*$

Negative.

Evidence is lacking and subjective.

Stop acting like children and accept a POV other than your own.
Bring up religion, get dissenting views.

That is why it is against the rules here.

...but if you disagree, I invite you to provide some solid physical proof to support your silly cartoonish claims of immortality and magic.

mr.greengenes said:
Wow, Effen G, thanks for the authoritative and well thought out declaration of certainty. I can tell you for sure that there is a living Jesus...he makes a miraculous burrito down at the taqueria (easy on the hot sauce please).
I don't respond very well to anyone who expresses to me that I should stop talking about anything (especially since we are typing text into this forum). If it's off limits because of the rules of the site, fine. It can be deleted. But if it offends you and some profound sense of atheism you espouse then you should simply ignore it or debate it. Now be good and run along...you're dismissed. Back at you.

I believe that religion is not open for debate on this site, or discussion for that matter.

I dont care if you think jesus smoked weed.
I dont think there was a jesus.

...and if there was a guy who healed people, well...then he would have used alot of opiates too.

Correction G spot, the main subject is cannabis. For better or worse religion is part of history and the human experience. After reading the article in High Times, a pro-cannabis magazine, I thought it might interest some members. I like history and don't care for religious people myself. If this thread offends you, report it to a mod and see if it should be deleted. No one is advocating for magic, the supernatural, God, resurrection, etc. You're the one who brought all that up. I suggest you take a bong hit and chill.

Maybe the way Jesus actually did the healing was by passing the blunt,bong, or spliff......MJ is good for glaucoma right??

563304772smn0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back