Hippie Headband (bagseed) Looking kind of droopy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZTEC

Medicinal Grower
Reaction score
I have a afghani seed planted about 30 days ago. It's planted in organic soil with natural fertz (.06-.09-.06) I added blood meal (12-0-0) when I transplanted from a one gallon pot to a five gallon pot also watered. What makes the leaves stick straight up? I got the humidity around 50% which was around 16% before. I added my HPS (400 watt) to the plant including 2 CFL's 23w daylight bulbs and it still looks a little droopy. This is my first real seed (before was always schwag) and I want it to grow at top production level and just wondering how important co2 is? I have it growing inside of a 2x2x4 box, HPS outside of box (kind of like a greenhouse with the sun outside the house), the CFL's are inside the box around the outside of the pot, I have a Vick's humidifier blowing steam into the box with two 6" fans, one blowing in, and one blowing out. This is an older pic of the setup, larger pot now and 2 CFL's inside. I got the temp to around 75-78 degrees. Is it Co2 needed? Diff. light spectrum (i heard the orange spectrum promotes males)? Still trying to get this indoor growing thing down! You guys have helped a lot already! THANKS!

MJ 005.jpg

Can't see the plant so how are we supposed to comment on the leaves "sticking straight up"?
HPS is fine for veg and no, it doesn't "promote males", the plant is whatever the seed was, male or female. The addition of the CFLs will IMO produce faster growth even though the output from the HPS is many times greater.
It is an awful lot of light for just one plant ... going to be some expensive pot you'll grow! Why not take two or three clones to make better use of that lamp?

:yeahthat: droopy leaves also occur from over or under watering. I also have one three week old plant that looks very healthy but is drooping and I have no idea why.

you say the leaves are standing up and the you say they are droopy.i love for my ladies to be looking up.they are absorbing all the light they can get.droopy leaves,usually means over watering.good luck

HPS is fine for veg and no, it doesn't "promote males", the plant is whatever the seed was, male or female.
....a subject that has been debated time and time again, with "no" conclusive results..:)
"I" personally believe that manetaining as near "ideal" conditions dureing weeks 3-5, with as little stress as possible, 'will' produce more females from 'normal' seeds...

The plant hasn't produced any side branches for me to clone off of yet. I added the CFL's to produce a little more blue light spectrum, and have the HPS on to produce the lumens. It might be over kill? Thought it might help plants to have a larger piece of the spectrum since the HPS is more of an orange light. I just noticed my outdoor crop leaves to almost stick straight up when the sun is out and indoors they don't as much but it is starting to look a little healthier after I transplanted and fertilized her (cross your fingers). There are so many things you hear about orange spectrum and promoting females with more nitrogen and what not I just gotta ask to get people's opinions. I'll get some pics on my journal soon just busy trying to finish up my semester at school! THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

Latest posts

Back