hmm what's going on with this auto? Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluntFullOfKush

I smell SMOKE!!!!!
Reaction score
I wad thinking it was jus a freak cause that's how it started growing. . Bur now I'm seeing Wht looks to me as a nitrogen def.. not sure what's going on with this one. . She's also the only one doing this, and my other auto (same strain) is looking nothing like it.. She looks fine and really healthy. . This jus got me a lil puzzled.. And not all the leaves are doing it r showing sings of a def. . The strain is auto bubblicious grown in soil (as you can see lol) with fox farm nutes. . The last time I did this strain this didn't happen so I don't know what's up really :hairpull: last two pics are the healthy one

View attachment 1397167205457.jpg

View attachment 1397167265045.jpg

View attachment 1397167307517.jpg

View attachment 1397167388616.jpg

View attachment 1397167915270.jpg

View attachment 1397167942598.jpg

It stayed at the leaves right after the peddle leaves and pretty much go up with the deformed leaves (pic 1 and 2) . Stops mid way and looks wrinkled and showing colors as if it has a def (pics 3 and 4)

How old are they and have you been ph'ing your water and feed to 6-3-6-8? I stick with 6.5 as it right in the middle and leaves room to be off either way.

They are almost 3 weeks old. . My ph be set at 6.5-6.6 same water as the other plants

Please tell me you didn't top those Autos? In those pics it looks like they have been topped. You don't Top or Fim Auto plants. Lst only. They have too short a veg time to top or fim them.

I really don't have any idea since the other plants are doing fine. The entire plant looks a little funky--the leaves are not really forming well and it is just not growing right. Can you think of anything at all that you did different to this plant?

Yea I did top them.. Jus was trying something.. And no I did nothing extra to this plant, everything I did to this one I did to all of them. . Well jus hope it's nothing major and I get some funky bus to go with them leaves

From looking at the picture looks to me heat stressed maybe find a better way to monitor room temps, that or maybe root bound and plant is not able to uptake sufficient fluids either way it is heat stressed... the edges of the leaves will begin to curl up and the leaves will begin to "cup." your leafs will start to get yellow and brown spots shortly

There in 5 gal pots and my temps are 73-77° so I doubt is any of them.. But thanks tho

Well again where is your actual temp being recorded ???? you can room showing 70 degrees yet actual temp on top of plant is 86
So with that said .....again at your plants notice leafs near top where most of the light and heat is @ via nearest to light source ???? telling yea man what causes leafs to curl up ???? common sense tells me there hoping it rains so they can collect water 99.9 percent of drought plants will also show this form of leaf curl so this brings me to also mentioning root bound ???
cause plant is losing more fluids then it can uptake so osmosis where being root bound is causing issues from plant uptaking a equal amount of fluids then it is releasing you got proper fans blowing inbetween tops and light source ??? take a temp or set up thermometer near your top of plant bet its 80 +

Unless these roots shot to the bottom of the pot they not root bound. . I jus put them in the 5 gal pots last week. . I got the thermamature hanging at the canopy level and it reads 75 but I'll see wht I can do to get the temps siang a lil more.. I watered them day before yesterday the next time I water will be tomorrow

I don't believe that is heat or root bind. Although, the leaf curl and discoloration can be associated with heat/drought, I think your issues are coming from the plant being topped as Hamster said. I don't know the nature of autos but I do know that some Indica dominant strains do not like being topped or fimmed, and many breeders of such strains will give specific warning to not top them. I suspect that the topping caused the funky leaf disfiguring and then the plant was a bit shocked by it. I also think that your transplanting it while it was in shock has aggravated the problem.

Give it some time and don't "try" to ffix it as that can make it worse sometimes. I don't normally recommend foliar feeding except in certain situations, but I believe a little spritz of something like superthrive for a few days may help it recover a little faster from the stress that it is suffering. However, it may not come back fully from the topping to produce like the other plant.

Thanks hushpuppy.. But I would of suspected that topping and transplanting was the issue, however it was doing this before I did any of those things to it. . Im really stomped on this. . And I already been trying foliar feeding them with micro nutes (big bloom)

Lights are to low!

whats the humidity looking like in there?

it also could be to low... causing the brittle leaves or the light is just baking them.

Humidity is at 40% and I have the light above it at like 2 feet above the plants. . The leaves not brittle ay al they feel fine. . Jus don't look fine from being disfigured and wrinkled

If they had the disfiguring before you did anything to them then it is possibly a genetic anomaly. Sometimes a pathogen can cause that type of disfiguring but I doubt that is the case here as it usually affects several plants and you said that it is only this one plant doing this.

Now the leaf edge curl is a common symptom of the plant being too hot and/or dry as TOA said but I would think again that the other plants would show the same issues if it was heat. However, if you have a fan blowing in the space and it is hitting that one plant first and is staying fairly steady, especially with 40% humidity, that would cause the leaf edge curl (but not the bad disfiguring, that is something else). Typically in veg, you want to maintain a higher humidity in your room, 55-65% is the sweet zone, then back down to the 40ish% range for flowering.

This was just touched on and not really expounded on--topping autos. But if you are growing autos, I think it is important. Autos should not be topped or really have any kind of training done that causes stress to them and slows down their growth. The time the plant spends trying to repair itself is time that it is not growing bud. While photoperiod plants can be vegged longer so the plant can repair itself, this is not the case with autos that only live x number of days. Any stress at all can and does have an adverse affect on yield.

I am beginning to believe that you may just have some kind of mutant there. It happens in the plant world as it happens everywhere else. If your other plants are healthy, I think I would concentrate on them. Sometimes you just have to let a plant go.....

I do have a fan in there blowing at all times. . I would love to get the humidity up but that will cost money that I don't have and ifi did I would need to get a new veg light and veg tent.... im all to familiar with heart issues and preparing to tackle that before it gets hot outside, imma get a portable a/c unit for that.. As far as topping the auto, I knew it wasn't a good idea but I like to experiment a lil lol. . But I hope that it don't bother it to bad. I also starting to think that is jus a mutant plant, cause it don't seems to be doing bad really.. I'll get you all an update pic soon

I would love to get the humidity up but that will cost money that I don't have

Don't stress on getting the Humidity up. IMO low humidity is a virtual non factor for most grows. High humidity is a much bigger problem and can cause huge problems. The biggest being bud rot. You don't know heartache till you go to harvest a big fat cola and discover half of it is rotten and garbage.

Latest posts

Back