Hollands Hope Seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villa029

Reaction score
Originally I had planted I think 8 Hollands Hope seeds, of those only 2 sprouted and 1 of the 3 randoms sprouted. I have about 2week old seedlings about 3" tall total of 2 plants. I have a third same age that I was a random. Anyways I'm have them in a closet under 2 lights of 20w fluro/each. The lights are 24" in length and are read on packaging promotes growth for plants and aquariums from wal mart. The Hollands Hope don't look as well as the unknown and I'm becoming concerned for their health. First thing I noticed was some leaf tips became dry and curled up. Now the unknown strain is developing lots of green material and the others are staying compact towards its center. I want them to recover and develop equally. Any suggestions or specific info you guys wanna know. All three are planted in plastic cups about 12oz.

Whats up mang. Are you feeding them any nutes? How far away are the lights? What are the temps in the room? Do you have the right venilation? How often are you watering them? What type of soil are you using?

I've fed it once only some product that's in a little black bottle and claims 'extraordinary formula super potent world's fair prize winner' something like that. the lights are about 2.5" away from the top of plant. Room temp stays around 75º at night at goes as high as 88º. There's hardly any ventilation since its a closet and I don't have a fan of any sort. I water them probably 1 every 3 or 4 days and I'm using some Kellogg soil cuz I though it look the way it was supposed to. I haven't fertilized to this day I was thinking of feeding them some fertilizer this weekend 10.15.10. One of the plants is becoming extremely weak and I'm afraid it may be irreversible if it doesn't get better soon. It has gotten so weak I've had to put a support into the dirt so it leans on it.

Does anybody know anything about this strain pics or personal experiences???

I thought Hollands Hope was an outdoor plant...I could be wrong.

I checked when I went home and yes it is called SuperThrive...anybody use it? I fed it a few drops last night and about 1/2 a teaspoon of 20.20.20 fert into all three plants. Total water fed was about 10oz so about 3oz each 12oz cup. I hope this feeding helps them revive. I'll post pictures of my ladies soon.

These are a few pics of what I got cooking in my closet. Pic 1 and 2 show the oldest of the all 3 hollands hope and is becoming yellow at the tips from bottom towards the top of plant...the stem has turned whitish and is looking frail. You can see its size compared to pic 3 and 4. The biggest of pic 3 and 4 is unknown strain, the seeds I purchased had free randoms with any purchase and this is one of them. Pic 5 is where I started them from seeds. Not all pellets had a seed...I had 7 hollands hope and 3 unknown of those planted 2 hollands hope sprouted and 1 random. Pic 6 shows the one I'm having a problem with as a new sprout in day 2 or 3. I was thinking a flush with water may do the trick but didn't want to do anything until after I heard someone else's opinion. I'm excited of being successful at growing something good. I need help. I suspect it may be a N deficiency. The pics you see was a day after a fed with superthrive and 20.20.20 fertilizer. The day before the yellow wasn't so spread over the lower leaves but more pale yellow and on the tips...day after I fed it the pale yellow became more of a yellow green but increased in area covering the leaf. I'm not sure if I should flush it or wait to see if the fertilizer helps it. I read somewhere that hollands hope required lots of fertilizer. This is the 3rd week now and first time I fed fertilizers. Do you guys think my growth is on schedule or could it be too slow? I'm upgrading my lights to HPS...how much longer do you think I can keep them under 2 20w fluro w/o negative effects?

1101071825.jpg

1101071825a.jpg

1101071828.jpg

1101071828a.jpg

1011070546.jpg

1016071823.jpg

I used to get a lot more help from everyone the first time I enlisted. What do I need to do?

Do you monitor your ph? I like to keep mine at 6.4 or 6.5, maybe 6.2 when they are in full flower. If it is ph related you should adjust your feeding waters ph and give them plain ph balanced water. I wouldn't flush a plant that young. Too much of a chance of root rot imo.

I do have a ph meter but I question it's accuracy I got it for $10 at OSH just like the one I saw in one of Jorge Cervantes books, but the needle hardly moves when I put it into the dirt. I suspect the soil being little over 7 but under 8, what can I do to adjust the ph to my babies? What's the procedure? The struggling plant looks like it's struggling even more and very thin at its base.

audix2359 said:
I thought Hollands Hope was an outdoor plant...I could be wrong.

Yeah I know they're ideal for the outdoor grower, but it's what I got and I can't grow them outside. Should this be something that I should consider, mimic an outdoor environment?

no you should be fine bro just try to watch thier height and not let them hit your roof and you will be just fine

I was planning on keeping most of it under neath chicken wire. I need major help though and should take steps to correcting this just haven't figured it out yet. I dont have an enclosed environment and simply leave them in a closet environment under 2 20w fluros. I want to be able to control temperature more than anything since it's usually at 80ºF, wish it were between 70º - 75º. My humidity inthere naturally is 54% and would like it at about 65%. There's hardly any ventilation except for about 3 or 4 hours of open door draft when I come home. All ideas are greatly appreciated. I am realying heavily on knowledge, suggestions and opinions from this forum. Thanks in advanced.

u need more nutes try the fox farm grow big in addition to the superthrive prolly a stronger or more light even if its just flouro, at least put a small fan in the closet, mylar will help u reflect the light. and u will need to start pinchin soon they are outdoor plants. if u know they are hoolands hope then try to keep it for mother and next season put her outside, keep going, and goodluck i hope to get a girl

Latest posts

Back