Holy Sheep! - Pics added =-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokinMom said:
I won't lie. For a bit I thought why not just put him down, surely its cheaper. But he is one hell of a cool dog....I think he's worth it. :eek:

3 months ago we had to take him to the same emergency vet. He got into the mouse poison in the garage and had to have his stomach pumped. :rolleyes:

He's more trouble then the friggin kids are.

:p
Jeeze, sorry to hear... Stomach pumped? How much was that???? I am pretty sure a vitamin K shot is all the antidote needed for common rat baits used today. If that ever happens again, ask them about it. Could be MUCH cheaper. In fact, always ask what your other options are 'cause chances are they will always try to sell you the most expensive treatment first when it may not even be necessary. Yeah, no payment plans 3 weeks before Christmas. Nice people.

I always feel bad when something like that happens to an animal.

how's he doing today mom? hope all is well :)

Thanks for askin Thorn.

We took his bandages off and now he's just in the e collar. He hates it but too bad. We are giving him pain meds and antibiotics.

poor bugger, hows the ear looking? i'm sure he'll bounce back in no time - and hopefully he's learnt his lesson with trying to pick fights with bigger ladies :)

Poor Baby!!! HippyInEngland has a solid point..........many vets wallets are fed off their patients' parents emotions. I have spent approx. $3,000 this Summer alone for my vets' new animal hospital. Our Rotty became paralyzed due to an spinal injury and had to be put down after several visits to the vet, insisting she could possibly heal herself>>>>>> yeah right! Then this so called vet deemed one of my kitties was diabetic, putting her through 3 months of Hell with insulin therapy. I decided to have her put down because she had to quality of life. She was more miserable than any cat I had seen. The day I was supposed to have her put down........I took her life into my own hands. I stopped the insulin and decided to let nature take it's course. The difference was remarkable into the second day. Needless to say, the kittie is like the sweetie she was at birth. She was no near diabetic. I'm positive I got duked.

And as for the after-hours clinics in our area........be prepared to pay over double you would if you went during regular hours. It's absolutely disgusting. I know full well what you have gone through. Kisses to the Puppy!!

klicks thats awful, but yea vets are getting worse and worse these days. Our black lab is the softest dog you'd ever know. The kennel cough meds is only giving in the form of a nose spray...she HATED that and has hated the vets ever since (didn't have a problem before) and one of the vets we saw for her boosters and check up just got the injection done and then acted like she was a viscious bear or something, didn't bother to look at her teeth ears or anything. We were fuming. Some of the vets make me wonder why they ever went through 7+ years of training to become something they don't seem to have their heart in.

I remember when they used to be helpful kind and you knew they loved animals. Now I always wonder, they just in it for money. Sad really.

dang mom, this sux.. and so close to x-mas!! that doggie blood must be high dollar!

I had a cat that was tiny and it was a 700$ bill. I bounced that check :D but the cat got better.

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:
my blue pitbull when he was a puppy now he'll eat you pic was takin 2 years ago

How cute...

We chalked up the GDP of a small african nation fighting a losing battle with cancer in our male rotty. $20k almost and it only kept him alive for 3 months.

It's hard to say I wouldn't do it again, but they just give you so much love and joy you have to try.

Old dachsund ain't looking to pleased in that photo.

I hope he's ok.

nvthis said:
Jeeze, sorry to hear... Stomach pumped? How much was that???? I am pretty sure a vitamin K shot is all the antidote needed for common rat baits used today. If that ever happens again, ask them about it. Could be MUCH cheaper. In fact, always ask what your other options are 'cause chances are they will always try to sell you the most expensive treatment first when it may not even be necessary. Yeah, no payment plans 3 weeks before Christmas. Nice people.

Actually there is a special kind of soap flake you buy from the chemist that you force down their gillets and they're usually good within a day or so. I could ask my dad about it if anyone is really interested.

SmokinMom said:
Oh, and if anyone wonders, it appears he got in a fight with my 125 lb female great pyrenees. :(

I almost wonder if he was cold and tried to snuggle up and she didn't like it and attacked him. Sigh, guess we'll never know for sure.

Uggg...still pissed.

Wish he could have been able to say what he had encountered.

Latest posts

Back