How can I tell when im 2 weeks from harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
Im sorry, but I could not find this thread, and I know i saw someone started a smilar one. Im almost starting the 6th week of flower, and have about 3 different strains growing. How can I tell when Im 2 weeks out? thanks.

King Bud said:
You can't really..

The flowering times listed by seed producers are just estimates.

The standard is to harvest according to the trichome color, read up about it here: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1938

:D
Thanks. Im actually going this second to get a microscope. Im just trying to figure out when to stop giving nutes and when to flush the girls.

most of time I lost the track of times too.. its better off mark the calander, and use the 1ox microscope and find the hairs under the lens... sometime I pick the seeds to see if its mature enough, then I know its ready.... IMO its poorly and useful some of way... I did harvest mine around 6 to 7 sometime I feel likeI should wait one or 2 week more, u know? really patient is all you need...

I personally don't recommend flushing.

I flushed a plant once, and couldn't notice any difference in taste. Some claim they can, but not me.. so maybe try it on one, and decide yourself.

Count the flowering time from when you switched the lights to 12/12, and then you can cut off the nutrients 2 weeks from the end (of the estimated flowering time).

When people talk of flushing at the end of flowering they usually mean to stop feeding 2 weeks before harvest which is very beneficial, if not neccessary.

Thanks everyone. I just grabbed a microscope (60-100x only one i could find) and took a look at the girls. i could see the trichs, but I have a questions. they look like little see through bubbles right now, so as I get closer to harvesy the bubbles start to become cloudy/amber instead of transparent? is that what Im looking for?

Seems i got about 6 indicas and 6 sativas. Im almost starting week 7 and the indicas look like they will definately be done before the sativas, is that normal? these all came from clones. Another thing I thought was interesting was that some of the lower buds on the sativa's hairs are turning color and the tops are still totally white. Is that normal too?

so as I get closer to harvesy the bubbles start to become cloudy/amber instead of transparent
Right on

Here's an awesome thread with some mighty fine pics: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17609

Indica have a tendency to mature faster, so what you're noticing sounds right. It's impossible to tell definitively if a plant is 'sativa' or 'indica', per se, unless you know the genetic background, so don't get too caught up in the leaf sizes.

The hairs don't say much about when it's good to harvest.. but it is normal that the lower hairs are aging faster than the top, since they've been around longer.

King Bud said:
Right on

Here's an awesome thread with some mighty fine pics: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17609

Indica have a tendency to mature faster, so what you're noticing sounds right. It's impossible to tell definitively if a plant is 'sativa' or 'indica', per se, unless you know the genetic background, so don't get too caught up in the leaf sizes.

The hairs don't say much about when it's good to harvest.. but it is normal that the lower hairs are aging faster than the top, since they've been around longer.

Thanks. We are getting really excited about our first harvest. Supposedly the clones we have are a strain called "critical mass" and "sour diesel" with a few random purple plants.

Latest posts

Back