How Can This Be ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
I had 7 plants -- I was constantly looking for males.
All plants had nice buds with lots of white hairs !!:rolleyes:
Come to find out every plant has some seeds ??

1) Hermi ?
2) old pollen ?

Please help me sex a plant as I am having a hard time ?

can you post a picture? Do they have lots of seeds of just a few?

Where did you get the seeds?

Once you have sexed a plant it is generally easy from there on out, so I'm a little confused. Are you asking about the plants that have seeds or do you have some other plants going that you are unsure of?

How many seeds? If just a few you might have gotten some hidden nanners. It happens from time to time. Just trash the beans and smoke your bud. jmo

Rosebud said:
can you post a picture? Do they have lots of seeds of just a few?

seems like a few seeds on each bud. I think they are young seeds.
No pic

The Hemp Goddess said:
Where did you get the seeds?

Once you have sexed a plant it is generally easy from there on out, so I'm a little confused. Are you asking about the plants that have seeds or do you have some other plants going that you are unsure of?

Nirvana -- I am trying to figure out what happened so I can keep it from happening again.
I thought that nice big buds with a lot of white hairs was a girl ?

Hamster Lewis said:
How many seeds? If just a few you might have gotten some hidden nanners. It happens from time to time. Just trash the beans and smoke your bud. jmo

Does a nanner mean hermi ?

Thats a loaded question. Im hiding and watching this answer.:D

Jimmy James said:
Does a nanner mean hermi ?

Yeah that means the plant went hermaphrodite most likely later in flower and the nanners were hidden in the buds. It usually results in a couple of seeds per bud. Sometimes less than that.

Did you use fem seeds? They are more apt to hermie. Plants can hermie at any time if they are stressed. I have found the most common cause of hermies is interruption of the dark cycle during flowering. But some strains tend to hermie late in flowering. I personally do not like that and prefer to run strains that are really stable.

The Hemp Goddess said:
But some strains tend to hermie late in flowering. I personally do not like that and prefer to run strains that are really stable.

What are some of the strains which are considered to be "really stable"

I've read c99 nl and skunk are stable....... with all the hybrids and crosses out there and the need to come up with the next new cross....... how do you know? Is there any strain out there that will never hermi?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Did you use fem seeds? They are more apt to hermie. Plants can hermie at any time if they are stressed. I have found the most common cause of hermies is interruption of the dark cycle during flowering. But some strains tend to hermie late in flowering. I personally do not like that and prefer to run strains that are really stable.

stressed clones from stressed mothers ( fem seed )
1) So: If I got nice big buds with lots of white hairs(red now) & seeds, then this is def. the result of HERMI ?
2) Not OLD Pollen ??
3) Will 1 Hermi get seeds going on other plants ??

1 the color of hair makes no difference in growing (even if we grew up learning it did.)
2 could be old pollen if there was pollen in the grow room
3. Yes, one hermi can ruin a crop.

i have my own thread in outdoor but I Have a question about on hermi ruining a crop how does this occur i found I have one of 4 that has very early seeds barley noticeable so i shoudl move this away from others obviously? still good to let grow out just less thc?

N.E.wguy said:
i have my own thread in outdoor but I Have a question about on hermi ruining a crop how does this occur i found I have one of 4 that has very early seeds barley noticeable so i shoudl move this away from others obviously? still good to let grow out just less thc?

"3. Yes, one hermi can ruin a crop."

N.E.wguy said:

It ruins the crop by spreading pollen and seeding anything it touches. The seeds aren't the problem, it is the male flowers that make the pollen that makes the seeds with females.

Latest posts

Back