how does a scrog operate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Title says all. I know it is supposed to accomplish an even canopy, however could u please explain how to operate the net?

Not to b a jerk but you seem to have an intense aversion to using the search function don't ya? Hahaha.

I honestly think it would take less time to search for the answer than type out the question. But maybe i'm missing something.

But here, key word "scrog":
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/search.php?searchid=777689

good diy's and info in these:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30420&highlight=scrog

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42255&highlight=scrog

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43548&highlight=scrog

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39200&highlight=scrog

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33577&highlight=scrog

and many more on the search page that i gave you a link to.

I too have been interested in scrogs and wish you the best of luck if you try one! They do seem cool..

the problem with search there is just to much to sift threw to get the answers asking is just easier relent b right back cooking dinner i'll explain it to you

i use 1 inch chicken wire or you an use that green square stuff you find at hd for gardens. you either have to build a rack that will hold the net or just put 3 eye hooks on each wall then tie off the fence nice and tight. you dont want any play in the fence. make sure when you tie into wall that you hit studs or something that willl hold them i place my screen at 8-12 inches as the plant grows just keep pushing the tips back under the fence. when the fence is full flip lights to 12/12 and let it grow threw. i can take pics of mine and show you if you want. hemp goddess had finished hers with pics. pm me if you need further details

thanks guys. ya the threads I have read lack the operation of the scrog.

Pyro that helps a lot, thanks!

So, could I do this?:
put the net up.. once the main colas reach the net, keep pushing them under until the lower branches catch up.. once the lower branches catch up, can I remove the net and put the plants in flower?

I have two tents, a veg tent and a flower tent..

If I were to do the scrog I was thinking I could just build a net for the smaller veg tent and once the plant had an even canopy then i could put into my flower tent with no net..

tHANKS!!

if I wanted the plants to be 15" when inducing flowering, I should put the net at 15" right?
do yall let the really low branches catch up to the canopy or do yall remove the lower third of the plant still?

no you let the screen fill up. you can do it whatever height you want you leave the screen up the buds grow right threw the screen.so at say your 15 inch put the screen grow them out for 2-3 months till the entire screen is full ( keep pushing tips under screen) then just change the light to 12 12 at that point dont push down anymore just let it do its thing. its gonna be a pia when its done but my screen just cut the ties and stem on plant and start chopping buds off. i'll get you some pics tomorrow lights are off now

Have you checked out my scrog diy? I think it answers the basic questions.

thats what i said your pics are good. thats where i looked when i had quest. ill send him some more anyway

Hey man, all the questions that you have are probably addressed in this DIY thread by The Hemp Goddess. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=scrog

I'm not really sure what your question is, "How does it operate?" So let me break a few things down for you. SCROG just means Screen of green. Hang a screen at a predetermined height. Once the plants start reaching the screen, they will try to poke through because the plant at the top is skinny, and the holes in the screen should be about 1". When this happens, just push that shoot back under the screen and redirect it to grow horizontal instead of vertical.

It does not matter if some plants grow faster than others, because you are going to leave the plant in veg mode until the screen has a thick layer of green directly underneath it. At that point let one branch come through each hole. Only one branch per hole, you may need to help guide at this point. Once you have about one branch coming through each hole, you can then switch to flower. Depending on how patient you are(or are not), you may have already switched to flower. The lower branches can be trimmed, because they are not going to produce anything of significance anyways. Obviously, do not trim the fan leaves(but you've been here for a while, that goes without saying, just figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone else is lurking and reading). The whole point of a scrog is to get a lot of medium size cola's, instead of a few large one's. This is just another form of Low Stress Training. Read the link I posted to The Hemp Goddess's DIY, it is packed with everything you need to know, it's a good read and I think you will enjoy it. I hope this is the answer you were looking for.

edit:Aparently while I was typing that THG, and Dr.Pyro posted again. But the message is still the same.

dr pyro said:
no you let the screen fill up. you can do it whatever height you want you leave the screen up the buds grow right threw the screen.so at say your 15 inch put the screen grow them out for 2-3 months till the entire screen is full ( keep pushing tips under screen) then just change the light to 12 12 at that point dont push down anymore just let it do its thing. its gonna be a pia when its done but my screen just cut the ties and stem on plant and start chopping buds off. i'll get you some pics tomorrow lights are off now
Thanks man!
So how do you water? I remove my plants from the tent to water them..
Since I have a different veg chamber and flower chamber it doesnt sound like a scrog is for me, since you have to leave the net up..
maybe Im still missing something? it seems like the net anchors the plants down to the tent.???

Relentless999 said:
Thanks man!
So how do you water? I remove my plants from the tent to water them..
Since I have a different veg chamber and flower chamber it doesnt sound like a scrog is for me, since you have to leave the net up..
maybe Im still missing something? it seems like the net anchors the plants down to the tent.???

With the one I made, I had a 3" hole that I could water through. Or in the DIY I did, the screen and lid can be removed together and set in the tub or set onto another res the same size. Many of us that do DWC in individual buckets have extra buckets so that we can just transfer the plants from the old bucket to a new bucket with new nutes. You can do the same thing with a scrog that has the screen attached to the lid.

ya why couldnt u have a removable screen?
why wouldnt this work?
veg in flower with screen, let the plants fill the canopy mostly and then remove the canopy and put the plants in the other tent?
seems like the screens main purpose would be over after getting an even canopy..

part of the questioning here, do u do any topping if you run a SCROG or do u just keep putting them under the net until flowering time?

once you flower relent your not gonna be able to remove it it will be full of bud. i post pics of mine brb

hopefull y this worked been awhile since i posted pics

IMG_2547-1.JPG

IMG_2548-1.JPG

IMG_2549-1.JPG

next one i''ll fill entire screen in. i was told not to fill it all up due to some stretching but never seen that much any way this is my first and certainly not the last also have some sog pics but i'll save those for another time

o ya thats g13 labs ww by the way the one on the left you cant really see is g13 labs gigga bud

Latest posts

Back