How I discovered MJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booradley

Reaction score
Hey all. been growing on and off for a few years. Started when I lived someplace where you couldn't find any bud, but seeds were sold in just about every headshop as novelity items. That's been a few years. Started growing again about a year ago.

Anyway, how I discovered MJ: When I was a kid, I lived in Nowhere, Iowa. Went to the state fair when I was like 12 and the state police had a "just say no" display. in that display, they had a picture of a MJ plant. Well, I just happen to notice that that plant was growing EVERYWHERE on my parents farm. Hemp plants it turns out, planted during ww2 for rope. (yes the US goverment used to grow MJ on large scale for rope!) Well, my brother and I went out and picked a bunch of them and dried it and smoked the leaves, not knowing any better. All we got was a bad headache! Was many years before I had the chance to try the real thing.

Of course knowing what I know now, I sure could have made better use of those acres of hemp and made some hash!

Welcome booradley to MP. This is a great place filled with great folks and a wealth of info. If you haven't already, please go read the site rules. I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Sounds crazy man. I hear alot on here about people with wild fields of pot in there back yard, i wish i was that lucky :D. Yeah, isnt it funny how you actually learn what drugs are from the cops and school. I dunno if this is all over but at my school we had a D.A.R.E class. it just had to do with drugs and not doing them, but really, all it did was tell me what i was missing out on. I knew about everything from pot to heroin when i was 7 because of that class....ahhh good times..

Latest posts

Back