how many can i fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaboy88

stays blunted up
Reaction score
how many plants do u think i could fit in a 23sq ft room under 1000w wit LST done nd 6-8 weeks of veg?

Vegged out 8 weeks? 22.5 sqft? 6 plants? I don't think so.

Any self-respecting, long-vegged plant is gonna go 2 foot in diameter at term.

Think number of "bud-sites" not number of plants. I get more out of 3 plants than I used to get out of 7.

JMO. I'm pulling for the home team here, FlaBoy, so I'm gonna tell you what I think, not what's popular or what you wanna hear.

i have 10 plants going into 15sq ..under 1k..vegged 6.5 weeks.:lama:

if i was to redo mine I would use "scrog" method but I still have a nice canopy wall to wall:D:

Only problem with 23 sqft is that you have to get in there eventually. BT-DT, wished I hadn't.

When I veg a plant for 8 weeks, it's already over 2 feet tall at the beginning. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

hmmm I don't see the problem with 6. I just harvested 6 plants vegged for 8 weeks, that I had LST'd in a 16 square ft space...averaged 3 oz per plant. 8-10 main bud sites per plant.

with that being said you may be able to do 8 IMO, if you do your LST to fit your space.

Sorry to disagree with ya PH...but I can't not reply with what I just accomplished...so I know it can be done.

I didn't have to "get in there" I used small 5 gallon trash cans for pots, they had handles, and yes I did have to move out some plants to get to the others....but it can be done, realatively easily.

IMO the number of plants is not the main factor but the size of plants and root structure, basically you can fit more small plants vegged for short period or less plants vegged for long periods and get the same yield

If in the end its super chron, cant be wrong either way. Its really just a balance of yielding optimum grams per watt while maintaining the plants structure evenly, as PH did. My thoughts are, at a minimum, the plants should not touch each other.

zem said:
IMO the number of plants is not the main factor but the size of plants and root structure, basically you can fit more small plants vegged for short period or less plants vegged for long periods and get the same yield

Not true. If you can turn multiple harvests with small plants,rooted clone straight to 12/12, in that same time you get one harvest with the plants veged for many weeks. You will stomp the long veg, period.

nouvellechef said:
Not true. If you can turn multiple harvests with small plants,rooted clone straight to 12/12, in that same time you get one harvest with the plants veged for many weeks. You will stomp the long veg, period.
yeah if they have just rooted with tiny roots, no matter how many you put it wont yield much but when the roots grow your plant will yield depending on root structure so you can veg less time and add more plants but it's harder to get it right every time, you will certainly overcrowd them sometime or overveg em and get less yield, thats at least what i have experienced with sog grows but once you get it right it can yield the same as big plants with less vegging time, thats only IMO :) cheers

I have 6 in a 5'x4' area and they are a little tighter than i would like. They were topped at about a foot tall and now average about 30" high, but they are wide. i would rather see 4 take up that much space. But wHat do i know?

hmmm...well my plants did touch somewhat, but not to the point that buds were touching...all in all I was trying my best to fill my space with the number of females I had, and IMO I did a good job of it. (first time doing lst) My canopy was even, and buds from the same plant were about the same distance from each other as buds from different plants.

The bottom line is that I just did it with 6 plants in a 16 sq ft area, yeilded a little over a lb (which could have been better if we go by the gram per watt thing) and had no issues with any type of overcrowding. I had a nice even canopy, with good airflow, and it produced some killer bud.

I have 10 decent sized clones in there now, with plenty of room, and if I had to do it all over again I would do 6 plants again in the same space, if thats what I was given to work with out of a 10 pack of seeds.

Had I gotten 4 fems out of the pack I would have filled my canopy with them, and I excpect I would have gotten close to the same yeild.

If I had got 8 fems, I'd have made it work without the lst...and I expect I would have come up with close to the same final yeilds.

I've still yet to hit the (for me) elusive gram per watt...but I'm working on it. I have brand new bulbs in with the 10 clones, and I hope that I can pull a little over an elbow out of the space this time.

I agree it's not so much the amount of plants, but dialing in the optimum environment for the space given.

legalize_freedom said:
hmmm...well my plants did touch somewhat, but not to the point that buds were touching...all in all I was trying my best to fill my space with the number of females I had, and IMO I did a good job of it. (first time doing lst) My canopy was even, and buds from the same plant were about the same distance from each other as buds from different plants.

The bottom line is that I just did it with 6 plants in a 16 sq ft area, yeilded a little over a lb (which could have been better if we go by the gram per watt thing) and had no issues with any type of overcrowding. I had a nice even canopy, with good airflow, and it produced some killer bud.

I have 10 decent sized clones in there now, with plenty of room, and if I had to do it all over again I would do 6 plants again in the same space, if thats what I was given to work with out of a 10 pack of seeds.

Had I gotten 4 fems out of the pack I would have filled my canopy with them, and I excpect I would have gotten close to the same yeild.

If I had got 8 fems, I'd have made it work without the lst...and I expect I would have come up with close to the same final yeilds.

I've still yet to hit the (for me) elusive gram per watt...but I'm working on it. I have brand new bulbs in with the 10 clones, and I hope that I can pull a little over an elbow out of the space this time.

I agree it's not so much the amount of plants, but dialing in the optimum environment for the space given.

awesome.. thanks LF.. you always have some good reassuring news.. i was sketch about puttin 6 in there but if i have 6.5 sq ft more than u nd u did it i kno i can fit it in there.. im thinkin if 6 fit comfy why not try 8.. if it gets to crowded ill only keep the 6 but hey we will get to that bridge soon enough..lol.. if you dont mind me askin LF, what was your gram per watt with your last grow?

I had a VERY old lamp on the 400 and I bought the 600w from someone who told me it was a new Eye Hortilux...it had at least one other grow out of it (probably more)

If I could hit the magic gramm per watt I should have been able to get over 2 lbs. But I'm not maximizing my space...really for 2 lights a 400w and a 600w I should be using a space more like what you have. I built mine thinking I would just use the 600w, but my refector didn't cover the canopy like I wanted it to, so I added the 2nd light. I could do alot better if I added on 6 more sq ft.

Make it work man...I assure you it can be done!

Maybe I'm just spoiled due to little or no space constraints, but I don't like stringy plants and airy bud anymore. My first few grows were bountifull, but somewhat airy and popcorney--I was running 7 to 8 plants under (2) 600s.

LF, you've seen what I'm doing these days--a total experiment--but it's going to give me what I want:big fat buds, no popcorn. I think this discussion is the same old arguement of maximizing the space one has, with the disagreement stemming from the body of knowledge we each have. This is what NChef was mentioning.

Let's see what I can pull off with the flattops. I may be absolutely wrong and doing something a more experienced grower would shudder at. But when I quit expanding my knowlede base and my skill-set, boredom will set in and I'll be outta here.

On the other hand, ain't it nice to be able to disagree and still love each other, like the old days?

Peace, bros.

legalize_freedom said:
I had a VERY old lamp on the 400 and I bought the 600w from someone who told me it was a new Eye Hortilux...it had at least one other grow out of it (probably more)

If I could hit the magic gramm per watt I should have been able to get over 2 lbs. But I'm not maximizing my space...really for 2 lights a 400w and a 600w I should be using a space more like what you have. I built mine thinking I would just use the 600w, but my refector didn't cover the canopy like I wanted it to, so I added the 2nd light. I could do alot better if I added on 6 more sq ft.

Make it work man...I assure you it can be done!

ya definately.. im gonna try my hardest.. my goal is a lb. dry.. and with great advice from you my friend i feel pretty confident about it.. ya, i remember when u said in a old thread that u threw on the extra 400w and ur plants loved u for it and gave u around 3 oz off each plant.. that is some damn fine work LF.

PencilHead said:
Maybe I'm just spoiled due to little or no space constraints, but I don't like stringy plants and airy bud anymore. My first few grows were bountifull, but somewhat airy and popcorney--I was running 7 to 8 plants under (2) 600s.

LF, you've seen what I'm doing these days--a total experiment--but it's going to give me what I want:big fat buds, no popcorn. I think this discussion is the same old arguement of maximizing the space one has, with the disagreement stemming from the body of knowledge we each have. This is what NChef was mentioning.

Let's see what I can pull off with the flattops. I may be absolutely wrong and doing something a more experienced grower would shudder at. But when I quit expanding my knowlede base and my skill-set, boredom will set in and I'll be outta here.

On the other hand, ain't it nice to be able to disagree and still love each other, like the old days?

Peace, bros.

it is quite nice to disagree and we all get along still.. thanks PencilHead.. i def do listen to wut you got to say.. main reason i want 8 in there is before i was thinkin only 6 so that means with the other 7 if they are fem would have to go outside.. well i really dont wanna b outside with these ladies cuz you kno Florida, lock u up and thro away the key.. ugh i hate tryin to grow.. especially since i got neighbors surrounding my backyard.. but anywho so if i can fit 8 that makes 2 less plants outside.. cuz im thinkin if i can get the 8 in here any fems past the 8 ill find good caretakers:D thanks again tho

Latest posts

Back