how many can i fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flaboy88 said:
it is quite nice to disagree and we all get along still.. thanks PencilHead.. i def do listen to wut you got to say.. main reason i want 8 in there is before i was thinkin only 6 so that means with the other 7 if they are fem would have to go outside.. well i really dont wanna b outside with these ladies cuz you kno Florida, lock u up and thro away the key.. ugh i hate tryin to grow.. especially since i got neighbors surrounding my backyard.. but anywho so if i can fit 8 that makes 2 less plants outside.. cuz im thinkin if i can get the 8 in here any fems past the 8 ill find good caretakers:D thanks again tho

If you dont want to grow outside dont, It doesnt matter how many females you get.

My advice is dont be "set in stone" put in 8 plants if they are all females vegg a shorter time, why 6-8 week vegg?
If you get one female vegg it out longer to fill the room.

this is where common sense applies... like growdude said.. you have many grow em maller. you have 1-2 fill the room grow em bigger
LH

Just from my own experience, I've grown 4, 8 and 16 plants in the same 20 sq ft area to harvest and each time, I get the same end weight, regardless of how many plants are in there. Each time, I grew them to about 4 feet tall at harvest. I think the 4 plant grow was the easiest and had the biggest buds. I used LST and topping when needed to fill the entire area with tops. I never really timed the veg days. I just do it until I have the plants to the point where I know they'll fill the room with 4 foot tall plants at harvest time. I hope your grow turns out great for you!!!!!

Flaboy I havent seen anyone ask so...

What strain are you thinking about??

Guys isnt that the biggest factor??

If its not a new strain you should be able to find some info on it.... No?

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Flaboy I havent seen anyone ask so...

What strain are you thinking about??

Guys isnt that the biggest factor??

If its not a new strain you should be able to find some info on it.... No?

well the 12 i started are jus some bagseed.. gettin my couple grows in b4 i start wit the great strains.. but i did plant 1 a week later that is a mystery kush but not sure wut kind.. we shall see how it goes.. thanks for the replies

I agree with working with what we have...like I said I ended up with 6 fems...so 6 is what I had to work with, if I'd have had 8 I would have vegged less, and not done so much LST, had I got 4 I'd have vegged longer, and done more training.

This is where experience comes in, and it can not just be told to you over the computer. I knew I was growing a sativa that grew like an indica, so I figured it would double in height, and started flowering a little bit earlier to be sure I didn't out grow my room. This is also where growing new strains, it's important to go with known genetics, so you at least have some general idea of the growth characteristics.

Also, Had 6 plants gotten out of control on me, I've got a couple friends that would have been very happy to take a plant or 2 off my hands so that I would be able to maximize my space. If need be I have just yanked plants before to free up space...we do what we have to do to be succsesfull.

I grew 6 plants in 4.5 sq ft my first indoor grow....it was way too crowded! I made it work though. Luckily I was using my Afghani that I had grown for over 10 yrs, and knew what to expect. I still got nice big main colas, but only averaged about 50g per plant (under a 400w light) Also when I say it was my first indoor...thats true but I have been around indoor growing for 15 yrs or so...just never actually did it myself. Other than I kept mothers, cloned, and started plants indoors for my outdoor adventures. I have helped friends with their indoor grows for years though...so it's not like I was a complete newbie.

Pencil Head...I love what you have going on, and there is no doubt in my mind that you will make it work. The same as there was no doubt in my mind that i could make the 6 work in my space...or that I know I can make the 10 I have going now work. LOL...and I've never had light whispy buds...ample light, ventilation, and Gravity.....lmao!

Flay you'll make it work one way or another...you just have to be ready to make changes if you need to...don't be afraid to kill a plant to free up space, or give one away...like we have already said...the space, lighting and genetics are going to dictate your yeild, not the number of plants...so you work with whatever # of fems you end up with...obviousely don't go starting 50! Good Luck bud, and I know I haven't been on here as often as I used to be, but I still get on everday, I might not read every thread, but I at least check my PM's, so don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you want to hear my oppinion on something, and I haven't responded to a thread.

Latest posts

Back