how many frosts should i leave my plant out for????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i live in maine and i kno mid october is harvest but this is my first plant and im not sure how many frosts im suppsed to keep it out for any advice???

Harvest time depends on the strain, I live in Atlantic Canada and have harvested a few plants and will take in some more next weekend. There are a few that will need at least 3 more weeks. While frost will not harm some strains others are more sensitive. My blue freeze will not be ready until 1st of October at earliest by which time we will have had a few frosts, but they are tough as iron.

Im in Maine too and take them down after the first or second frost. I try to leave them out as long as possible though. Its always a struggle around here to finish before it gets too cold out.

i recently saw a thread that advised frost can be handled better by not allowing the plant to recieve direct sunlight first thing in the morning, allow the frost to melt away with indirect sunlight, then allow the direct sun to hit it, dont know if this is true but seems to make sense, so have it beside a tree or fence if possible to block direct sunlight first thing in the morning.

hXXp://www.farmradio.org/english/radio-scripts/34-7script_en.asp

:peace:

Latest posts

Back