How many under a 1000watt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Autoflower

Auto Flower Lover
Reaction score
I have a 1000 watt hps light that im gonna do a SOG under.I was wounderin how many plants could i get? i want to get 20 small females hopefully but wut do u think?

Should be OK IMO, what is the size of the area?

you could do two FAT plants under a 1k,

I currently have two 1000 watt lights, and a 400 watt light, I have 4 SOG'd plants

snuggles said:
Should be OK IMO, what is the size of the area?
IMO that will be your deciding factor. if you flower straight from clone(no veg) ive done as many as 3 per square ft. you may want to do a few less and let them veg a little and get bigger as your 1000 will penetrate much better than my 400.JMO

That is a very large area to light...Maybe you want to divide the room into a seperate veg and flower room. If not you need atleast 2-1000w to light that area

massproducer said:
That is a very large area to light...Maybe you want to divide the room into a seperate veg and flower room. If not you need atleast 2-1000w to light that area

Hey blunt... started with a 8x12x8 and have devded it into three seprate rooms useng 2x2 .check out mmy Grow room early on you will see How I changed it...I now run 2 400HD in veg 4x4...and 1000HPS n flower 4x4..for a 8x8x8 would use 3 1000 watt....or l would make two rooms...Good luck..Be sure to have plenty of fresh air comeing in..and good exhaust

blunt manI have a 1000 watt hps light that im gonna do a SOG under.I was wounderin how many plants could i get? i want to get 20 small females hopefully but wut do u think?

I have my 1000 watt light hanging in a 10X10 room, I used white paneling to surround the area when I was vegging.

it handled 10 plants well, but due to the sex thing I now have 5 females growing in there and if I had more I think there would be trouble getting light to them all.

just my experience- sharing is a nice thing to do.:D

I just added a 600 watt to the room. more light!

good luck with your grow!

My question is what its the top number of plants that could fit under 1 1000watt light?

that will totally depend on the area of space used and the style of growing. Meaning that you could grow SOG with as many as 2 plants per square foot of space, or you could grow maybe 4-6 nice sized plants, but again that totally depends on the space.

Remember that you do not light the plants, you light the space that the plants occupy

Good luck with your grow! Sounds like a big'n! I'll be watching this thread.:D
Here's some
GREEN MOJO

lets see, in my 2x4 tray i did 24 once, flowered immediately from clone. at that rate, you could fit 4 trays so, that would be 96 clones. that, my friend, i believe would be absolute max. in # of plants for 8x8x8 area...but the 1000 aint gonna cut it for the described scenario..IMO

blunt man said:
My question is what its the top number of plants that could fit under 1 1000watt light?

The answer to your question is: As many as you want. You can squeeze 3-4 plants per sq ft or you can grow a couple of "trees".

Everyone seems to get hung up on how many plants they can get into a given area. But, in actuality, the number of plants someone puts into a given area is rather irrelevant. You are basically going to get x number of grams from x watts of light in x number of sq ft., no matter how many plants you have.

I also think that you are putting the cart before the horse...you need to do some reading and make a plan for your grow space. A 1000W will not even begin to cover an 8 x 8 space--you need 3-4 1000W for that much space. You will also need ventilation. Plan on 50W per sq ft or a space about 5 x 4 for a 1000W light.

so then you are going to have to divide the room or you will be loosing a lot of light by lighting the rest of the room

y do you lose light? becuz its not getting refflected?How should I go about this spliting the room?

yes where ever the light travels has to be included in your lighting square fottage equations.

I use panda film, which is poly film that is black on one side and white on the other.

Latest posts

Back