How much longer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
This is an unknown strain has been flowering somewhere between 32-40 days. It is a small plant but is close to 3 1/2 months old. Dont know for sure how much longer it has. It is about 2 foot tall.
Is there any obvious signs that a plant has almost reached maturity? It is covered with white crystals and smells great but unsure because the plant hardly has any width to it and has only 12-14 fan leaves. The bottom left is a shiva on week 5 of flowering. Picture on the bottom right is my closet grow 5 weeks ago. Its amazing how far Ive come and learned and now its almost over.

Amber's Pictures 097.jpg

Amber's Pictures 096.jpg

Amber's Pictures 098.jpg

Amber's Pictures 095.jpg

Looks like you still have a way to go. You can go to radio shack and get a pocket microscope for ten bucks. You can use this to look at your triches. Clear=not ready, milky=up high, amber=couchlock.

So does everyone think maybe 2-3 more weeks or what?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know its hard to see cause the focus is a little off. Alaskabud thanks for agreeing, cause thats what ive been thinking. Its really hard to put a specific time on it when you cant see the whole plant. It looks 2 weeks ahead of my other females but they were all flowered at the same time. Im wondering if this one is an early finisher?:rolleyes:

It's not really possible to tell if it's done looking at pics. Your hairs don't even look like they are changing brown. The only for sure way to know is to look at your triches.

Yeah your right thats what I mean by the focus. But yeah about half of the hairs are brown. Does that mean its almost finished?

I'm not going by the piks but you saying it's been 32-40 days since 12/12 flip.
The only way you can tell by hairs is if you grew that strain before and are going by that. I always use a loupe and watch trichs because it's the only accurate way to know when a plant is finished.

bombbudpuffa said:
Looks like you still have a way to go. You can go to radio shack and get a pocket microscope for ten bucks. You can use this to look at your triches. Clear=not ready, milky=up high, amber=couchlock.
what bomb said.
iv grown many strains, some of wich the hairs stay white all the way through.
in the last 10-14 days or so of bloom you should notice no growth at all. in this time the trichs are maturing.

in the last 10-14 days or so of bloom you should notice no growth at all.

I don't agree with that statement at all. I still get new top growth as well as bud width growth right up till chop. If your are in soil keep adding 1 tbl spoon of molasses per gallon of water and 1/4 strength nutes right up till chop. Of course I don't believe in flushing, I believe in the big, tastey, sticky, smelly buds that I end up with.

Ok I was a little quick to say that i guess. but in the last week there is very little growth while the trichs are maturing

i think the molasses is to give the plant a sweetet taste come smoke em up time,ive heard of pple adding mango juice etc an feeding plants that in the last few weeks but i dont know really how much it afects the overall taste of ya plants cozz theorecticaly speaking if this were true wouldnt plants taste like bat **** etc if thats what you fed them but yeah ya neva know an i still think its good to flush ya plants a week before the pull ,in the past ive smoked hydro that tasted why to much of chemicals not flushed properly but thats only puttn in my 2 cents

They look like they still have two to three weeks to go. They will start fattening up now so you don't want to take them yet. They will more than double in size still. Go to radio shack like bombuda says. That is what I did and they work great. You can't beat the price and you will use them a lot to check your plants on future grows. Then you can take the guess work out of harvest time, for the most part.

id say from an experienced liar that you have atleast another year to go :) haha

:D

The hairs are all almost brown now. The triches look cloudy now. I think maybe next Friday I will cut her down. The buds dont look any bigger. I thought I read when a plant has reached the end the leaves will start to fall off, is this true? Is there a way to have multiple harvest on the same plant?

if there's a difference betwwen the upper triches from the bottom you can also start taking out only the buds that are ready. ive heard people doing it this way and others waiting for the whole plant. as far as i can tell this is more preference than anything else..

noodles said:
What does the molasses do for the bud?

Yes it improves taste and smell but the reason I use it is YEILD. FATTER BUDS! It works as well as expensive CARBO loads.

Will dark corn syrup work in place of the molasses?

Latest posts

Back