How Much Water Is Too Much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorBudMan

Reaction score
I am using sixteen 5 liter air pots with soil. I just planted some 2 week old clones, they are about 3 to 5 inches tall. I gave them about 3 gallons of water right after i put them in soil. Is that too much or not enough or what?

with my 2 gallon pots i use a half gallon of water to fully saturate them, let them drain out and sit in the drained water for 15 minutes or so, then i take the drain pans and empty them out so i dont over water. i just make sure i dont let the pots sit in the drain pans that are filled with water, thats one sure fire way to over water....

Yea man I usually let my plants absorb most of the water in the pot and then fully saturate them with water until it starts draining out the bottom into thee drip pan. And like wally150 i also just drain the drip pan after a few minutes. It has worked for me for awhile and don'tt have problems doing it this way.

yep ,enviroment temp etc size of the plant affect the frequency of when its time to water.i like to pick up the pot when its fully satuarated then when the pot becomes light i water!

Latest posts

Back