how old should they be.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min

Reaction score
I'm new at this, so here goes, how old do the plants need to be before you can tell the boys from the girls? is that a silly question? I saw a really good photo on the site that showed the difference between the sexes, or is there an age? this site is the best i have come across yet, loads of advice from those who know, Cheers. :)

You'll see them when they are mature enough to flower from around 4 weeks on. Some strains take longer to show than others.

Peace!:cool:

as long as the lights are on 24/24 they will stay in veg, after you switch to 12/12 in about a week or two you will see the tell tell signs

astrobud said:
as long as the lights are on 24/24 they will stay in veg, after you switch to 12/12 in about a week or two you will see the tell tell signs
they will stay in veg' on 24/0, but they will also express their sex as pre-flowers.

Hey there, I was just currious as to what Hick was saying. If you leave the plants on 24/0 they will eventually show preflowers? I've never heard this I thought you had to induce flowering( like astrobud said) to determine sex. You can veg forever without seeing preflowers, or at least I thought. Fill me in on this as its news to me. I'm not argueing or anything, just currious. Thanks guys.

when they become 'sexually mature', they will pre-flower. Usually somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks IME.

Interesting, i've never veg that long. Thanks for fillin me in.

thanx 4 that, I thought they would veg 4 as long as you let them too, i have lights on for 18 and off 4 6, is that wrong?

18/6 is fine, they will pre flower but that doesnt nean they flower.
you 18/6 them for years if conditions are right

Reactions: min

Latest posts

Back