how to get up close pics of trics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack of all trades

Reaction score
title say it all an i love to look at trics up close an would love it more if i could look at mine up close i dont mean the normal veiwing of trics i mean how peolple can post a pic of them an u can see every little detail an color

jack of all trades said:
title say it all an i love to look at trics up close an would love it more if i could look at mine up close i dont mean the normal veiwing of trics i mean how peolple can post a pic of them an u can see every little detail an color

Does "jack of all trades" mean anything to you? :D

jack of all trades said:
yeah its just a nice way of saying big small skinny or fat if they got money thats where im at :D

Sry boss, you were kind of wide open on that one! I'm going to try the magnifying glass trick that hbaa is talking about. I've got a good size one, I just hope I don't fall down...:)

You can buy macro lenses for your camera if your camera uses them. Thats how I take close ups:).

y 094.jpg

y 122.jpg

trichs.jpg

trichs2.jpg

jackson1 said:
Great close up, herm. Expensive but very nice.

Yeah its an expensive method for sure but I love looking at stuff under microscopes and it lets me project to a TV screen or my laptop which makes it easier for the older folks to get a good view of what is going on.

I can certainly understand not ordering it just for this purpose but it is really fun checking out stuff that a normal microscope can't look at.

radio shack.. 30x microscope atleast.. but they are pretty cheap and nice for the job

Hmm, I tried out the scope I use to check my trichromes, just another cheap one from london drugs I forgot the magnification # of it, maybe 10?, it looks like a unpowered jeweler's scope. It did well, I can't wait until I have some buds again so I can try it out and post it. I'll take pics of some leaves so you good ladies and gents can evaluate it.

30$ for macro lenses? Don't mind me if I ask for links... I see macro lenses for 150 + dollars but 30 dollars?

10Xscopedemo1.jpg
10Xscopedemo2.jpg

The first pic is to show my scope, what I do is put the camera lens right up to the scope as if I would do it with my eye, I see the quality in the viewfinder then snap a pic.

Probably would be better with a stand because the camera is moving around too much from my jiggly hands.

Ah I see! :hubba: These slim ones, look like they would fit on my digital camera. Maybe I could buy them at a store instead :confused:

o k it's time for a newbie question , the tric pics look like a "white" variety , are trics on all plants?

budculese said:
o k it's time for a newbie question , the tric pics look like a "white" variety , are trics on all plants?

No but they are on all Marijuana plants. ;)

Latest posts

Back