How to keep my clones between the 12in range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
So here is my question, I'm allowed 6 mature plants and 18 seedling or clones. But my 18 clones/seedling have to stay between 1ft high and 1ft wide. Mature plants can be as tall as id like. So my plan is to have 3 flowering, three growing tall in vegg, and 6 or better clones going also to keep my cycle consistent. My question is how do i keep my clones 1ftx1ft? Trimming exc. any help i would really appreciate.

That is a problem...and puts you nearly in an impossible situation...I think that the law needs to be challenged ASAP, if a state is going to allow medical marijuana there should be imput, in the writting of the law, from people who grow marijuana. That way, the state won't be able to limit self growers to such meager sizes. Here, in Michigan, we have a similar problem, we are only allowed 12 plants per patient...I've never worked with that few plants in my whole grow experience. Wish I had a better answer, or rather any answer at all...but thats my 2 cents worth...

Peace...j.b.

Bump!
Expert growers need some advise? Anyone have any suggestions.

here is a perf solution to your predicament...

clone and veg with daylight CFL's...

the CFL's, I found, are causing the plants to grow "up" relatively slower, tighter internodal spacing, yet are very healthy looking... they also use much less power than HID's :aok:

another way that I've been keeping my clones small, is by topping them... when they get to the size where if I top it, I can use that cutting to make another clone, or simply toss it... BUT... I make sure there are 3 nodes of obvious growth already happening left on the clone... it will now be 3 clones in one when it starts growing strongly again. I've tried with leaving 4 nodes before, but the 4th node does not have the growth of the ones above it.

I've started to top this way with my mother plants when I take cuttings off of it, and I'm liking the way the girls are starting to grow back. :cool:

Latest posts

Back