how to lower humidity without de-humidifier?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
hey guys, pushing through the 3rd week on my coco grow and things are looking good. a few days ago however i spotted so fuzzy mold starting to grow on the surface of my coco. i simply removed the mold, and have been letting the coco dry more thoroughly since then, and have not had any problem, but this worries me, as if there are mold spores in the air, it could ruin my entire crop come flowering time, and i am looking to take preventative measures before hand. cleaning the grow at this point would be pretty hard to do, but not impossible, but im looking for ways to keep the humidity out of mold growing range, without expensive dehumidifiers. so if anyone has any advice on this topic, please do throw in your two cents, i look forward to reading it:D . thanks in advance, and happy growing to you all!

I think that with extra power in extraction you will have less RH. But you will always have to make a investment.

what do you mean by extra power in extraction? you mean like ventilation?

and i am willing to make an investment, i am really just looking for alternatives to a dehumidifier. the 5h stays between 50 and 60, but i wanna try to keep it closer to 40-45 for flowering, just to be safer with the spores present.

:yeahthat:

Clean room, get rid of all dead plant matter.

Better air circulation in room.

Next time trim lower branches to improve air flow

There is a little device that you can get in the cleaning supply aisle at walmart. I can't recall the name of it but it is a little bucket of material that sits over the container and draws moisture out of the air and drips it into the container. It is supposed to work really good. I think the name on it has the word "dessicant" in the name. All you do is open it up and dump the contents into the little cup and sit it on top of the bigger cup and set it where the moisture issue is and just check it and dump out the water daily. :)

If those are the ones of silica gel they are crap. Don't remove RH nicely.

i live n the mountains, lots of snow/rain, i have no dehumid, all i do is curculate the air with two 16" fans and i have 6 & 6 " intake/outtake fans my humidity is 40% right this second

Same here, I live on a small island so lots of humidity. I only use my extractor fan to lower humidity. Its about 60-80 outside normally. Inside tent its about 40-50. I exchange the air 2.5 times a min in my tent. Have never had a problem with humidity.

What exactly are you using for an exhaust fan? Proper exhaust makes a huge difference in keeping your RH in line.

Latest posts

Back