how to save a hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvester

old dog with new tricks
Reaction score
my 2 biggest plants are turning hermie and tearing them out is not a option. please what can i do to save these plants ?

pluck the nanners and hope ur far enuff into the grow that seedin wont bother ur yeilds

There is nothing you can do after your plant hermies. You can do your best to pick them off but you will have seeds in your bud. How far into flower are you? I wish you the best of luck with them. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

I agree with the above. At this point the only thing you can do is watch them everyday and pluck the male flowers off as you see them. ;) Good luck mang.

im in the same boat man,im 6 weeks into flowerin and my biggest of the 3 is turning hermie on me.i dont no if i should chop it now or wait a lil bit more

I've heard of satisfactory results useing "Reverse" from Dutch passion, I believe.

....but while on the subject, you old timers. Does it seem like we are getting more, a higher ratio of hermies these days, than we did, say 10 years ago?
It sure seems "to me", to be.
For years, I grew bagseeds. It was what was available prior to the www, High times, ect. I never encountered hermies it seemed.
But today, It seem like even many of the seedbank seeds are resulting in more and more hermies.
I hesitate to credit it all of the misconceptions and incorrect information spread on the "feminisation" process, inexperienced closet hacks, and unscrupulous breeders.
Anyone have thoughts to share?

I've got a hermie too ... what I plan to do it plant it outside away from my other plants and test the theory of hermie seeding themselves produce fem seeds ...

... I would go along with the other suggestions ... pick ... pick ... pick ... and check everyday ... it could get tidious if the plant is big ... but that's the best you can do under the circumstances ... :hairpull:

GrowRebel said:
I've got a hermie too ... what I plan to do it plant it outside away from my other plants and test the theory of hermie seeding themselves produce fem seeds ...
... :hairpull:
I hesitate to credit it all of the misconceptions and incorrect information spread on the "feminisation" process,
...:holysheep:.....

has anybody ever have 6th wk flowerers kick nanners out andnothing happen because of it?

I would have to agree with Hick. There does seem to be an unusual spike in the number of hermie plants people have been growing the last few years. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the feminization process and unscrupulous breeders out to make money and not caring about the final product. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Since you all are talking about it, I thought I would mention that I just found a Hermie in my closet tonight. :eek:

I've got some Reverse, so I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Aww. Thats too bad AlienBait. What strain? Make sure to keep us posted on your results with the Reverse. I am very curious to see if it works. Take care and be safe.

passtheswag said:
has anybody ever have 6th wk flowerers kick nanners out andnothing happen because of it?
..not "every" hermie has "viable" pollen...but "I" would guess, about 90% do/are.

AB,, I recently discovered a staminate flower ona TW in my closet, too. I used 'reverse'.
I walked in the closet, grabbed "IT", and reversed outta' there and to the compost pile.. :D

Hick said:
..not "every" hermie has "viable" pollen...but "I" would guess, about 90% do/are.

AB,, I recently discovered a staminate flower ona TW in my closet, too. I used 'reverse'.
I walked in the closet, grabbed "IT", and reversed outta' there and to the compost pile.. :D

Is a hermie not smokeable?...I had a hermie early on and did the "reverse" as you did..( reversed to compost pile)..but could I have finished it and had some smoke? or is Hermie poison? thanks friends...

SMOKE UP ITS 420:woohoo:

A hermie is smokeable but will most likely be filled with seedy bud. If the hermie was the only plant you had and you were late in flower, I would keep it for the meager yield but if I had other ladies, off to the compost pile it would go. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I am growing some of the seeds i harvested last year, tho i am unsure if they hermed as the exact cola that was pollenated is the cola that turned up seeds. the reason i think maybe it hermed is that according to the experts here, it did not have enough time to create seeds from the time pollenated and harvest. But i must say, of the almost twenty seeds i sprouted, none have come in male. I am gonna have to watch them like a hawk once they move outside, for signs of herming. Tho only a few will actually make it out.

GrowRebel said:

been down that road pick em chop it and smoke it please dont make those hermie seeds believe me you want nothing to do with it

Latest posts

Back