HTG Supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool :) I had only seen them in regular. Its just as well though since I want to do a little breeding I need some good breeding stock to work from. I think Blueberry punch x Larry OG kush should prove an interesting combination. At least I hope it will :)

HP are you talking about using a fem seed in a breeding project?

i would just go down to the store to buy your things paying shipping for you is not necesarry and lots of people buy that stuff anyway thats why its sold , its not like the cops are at a soil store to see who buys it and why . just my opoion:D

skullcandy said:
i would just go down to the store to buy your things paying shipping for you is not necesarry and lots of people buy that stuff anyway thats why its sold , its not like the cops are at a soil store to see who buys it and why . just my opoion:D

I'm too paranoid now to visit the store. :D

Has no one else had problems with htg? Every bulb ive bought from them lasted no more than 2 months, this includes the pl-55 t5 bulbs and their 600w hps bulbs. The 2 cool tubes I have from them were put together by first graders im pretty sure... the power cord comes out of the bottom of the fixture, ***. And the materials are just plain crap. The gear I get from my local hydro store is much better quality with better warranties. JME...

skullcandy said:

Cops may not be at a soil store but they do frequently watch a hydroponics store because for better or for worse most people dont go there to grow tomatoes lol. I'd rather have the peace of mind and know that my license plate hasnt been flagged by police. Even though just appearing at a hydro store isnt enough to bust you, but it helps them build a case.

The Silver Bullet Special said:
Cops may not be at a soil store but they do frequently watch a hydroponics store because for better or for worse most people dont go there to grow tomatoes lol. I'd rather have the peace of mind and know that my license plate hasnt been flagged by police. Even though just appearing at a hydro store isnt enough to bust you, but it helps them build a case.

I totally agree. I have no problem going into Home Depot and buying 8 bags of soil and some organic amendments. IMO, this is far different (and safer) than going into a hydro-grow shop to buy supplies. Jeez, the state cops sit at the Oregon/Idaho border just waiting for people coming back into Idaho they believe may have mmj. It would make me nervous just to park my rig at the hydro store, let alone come out with a truckload of supplies.

THG, so you gotta wonder, at least I do, how do these brick and mortar grow stores stay in business? Tomato growers?

I tend to run a little paranoid myself. I live in a no MJ state also. My husband picked up Fox Farm at a local store and I told him to use cash. Since then I found a place where I could get Fox Farms soil free shipping but right now can't remember what the place was (lol). As soon as I dig up the name I will post it. I prefer online myself.

gourmet said:
I tend to run a little paranoid myself. I live in a no MJ state also. My husband picked up Fox Farm at a local store and I told him to use cash. Since then I found a place where I could get Fox Farms soil free shipping but right now can't remember what the place was (lol). As soon as I dig up the name I will post it. I prefer online myself.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering, how did they ship your FF? Concealed in a box? I'd be interested in that link. I don't think Home Depot sells FF. Thanks.

The pace I got it shipped it concealed in a box with nothing on the outside to identify where it came from. I am still looking for the company.

Found it. Hayneedle.com is where I got it with free shipping.

There are really very few things that you need to get from HTG that can't be sourced from super neutral places that would never raise an eyebrow.

Most of my stuff comes from feed stores, landscape supply, HD and Lowes. Lots of agriculture around here and quite varied. Lots of gardens also. It's a non mmj state, but the local police seem much more concerned (and rightly so), with meth than someone with a little 'patch' in the back 40.

Anyway, all I can really think of for HTG would be the tent and the lights, especially the T-5's. I use the PLL's also. I get my bulbs elsewhere (HTG does have crappy bulbs), but I haven't been able to find the same fixtures at a 'straight' source. HID's are easy, magnetic anyway, since they are common as dirt in industry. Reflectors, not so much so.

Make a list, get your $$$$ together and buy it all in one go. If you're really paranoid, take a TAXI, either to and from your car parked somewhere else, or from home.

We have one nursery here that carries FFOF @$25/bag. I make my own, with better quality and ingredients for perhaps 1/4 the cost of the FF. You might want to consider this unless a bag or 2 will take care of your needs.

Wet

Thanks gourmet. Saved the link.

Wetdog, that's a heck of an idea with the taxi; I never thought of it.

Would you mind sharing your recipe for soil that's better than FF? Thanks.

The recipe can be found in the ORGANICS forum here.

My particular mis is somewhere between LC's soiless mix (in the stickys), and NC's mix, which is also there.

It's a lot like making chili. You have a basic recipe to start and the add/adjust seasonings (amendments), to suit your taste.

Wet

Wetdog said:
The recipe can be found in the ORGANICS forum here.

My particular mis is somewhere between LC's soiless mix (in the stickys), and NC's mix, which is also there.

It's a lot like making chili. You have a basic recipe to start and the add/adjust seasonings (amendments), to suit your taste.

Wet

Oh, you're gonna make me work :D . Just kidding, I'll look for it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back