Humidity Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgreenthumb

Da Bagseedologist!
Reaction score
:confused: My relative humidity always stay at an average 28% and ocassionally jumps to 45%. What would be the drawbacks of having such a low RH in my grow box? Was curious as to any harm being done? I have been leaving a bowl w/water and towel in the grow area but no real change, the area doesn't have enough room for a humidifier. Help please!

if its too dry, insects wil be attracted to your plants. thats what i've heard anyway.

Also, if its too wet (isnt a problem for you) fungus can form.

DrGreenThumb said:
if its too dry, insects wil be attracted to your plants. thats what i've heard anyway.

Also, if its too wet (isnt a problem for you) fungus can form.

Bugs can be a issue, MJ likes to have RH about 45-60%. Less wont cause any issues specifically due to a low RH%, you will have to water more as the soil wont retain as much H2O. Upon flowering the RH should be lowered to the 30% area imo.

I think mine is low too. I am getting more frequent fruit flies. Will playground sand solve this problem for me? Thanks.

Stunzeed..

stunzeed said:
I think mine is low too. I am getting more frequent fruit flies. Will playground sand solve this problem for me? Thanks.

Stunzeed..

"Mites" prefer lower RH, but in many cases, flies, gnats, ect., are soil born pests and are often results of too much watering. A constantly moist medium is ideal breeding/hatching environment for them.
An inch or so of playground sand eliminates this "ideal" environment.

Sounds good. I will try that. Thanks again Hick.:D :D :D

Stunzeed..

Latest posts

Back