humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoke

Grow&Smoke
Reaction score
i got a few books out of the library and this one on hydroponics (im not using this method) it says that if you put a bowl of water onto or near your heat source it will help raise the humidity.....

now my heater i have running on low because the basement is cold in my room i was wondering if i did this and had my grow box open as it sits on the floor would that help the humidity levels there i know this may seem stupid but its better to ask and get ansers then wait and **** up

yeah,"i think" that sounds logical,humidity is water content in the air.so having a container of water(probably a bit bigger than a bowl IMO)on, or in "close proximity" to a heat source,would cause evaporation, hense raising humidity.
but,you really need to have a humidity meter to "know" where your levels are at.might be raising the humidity too much which could bring in a whole new range of problems.dito in reverse.
good luck man:guitar: ;) :ccc:

where would i get one and how much should it cost and is there a certain brand or type to get???

and what do u suggest instead of a bowl im using a small portable heater???

If you have the money, you can always just buy a humidifier. Looking at 80-150 bones though.

Oh not that much. You can pick up a 3 gallon humidifier for 30 bucks at target... But, you can get one for a heck of a lot more from lowes or home depot...

Latest posts

Back