Hydrofarm Reflectors, selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProductiveSmoker

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Hydrofarm-compatible reflector with air cooling ducts for my 400W HPS system. Anyone have experience with any of the following models?

-Daystar
-Radiant
-Valubrite (air coolable)

There don't seem to be appreciable differences between the first two other than it appears that the Daystar is a bit fancy with some 'new and improved' air flow design while the Radiant is designed for more downward light output. And the Valubrite only seems to offer an unfinished version of the first two with the addition of a glass lens securing system already built in.

I would just like to know if you have any experience with any of these, especially if you can make a comparison. Cooling is the main issue, I'd just like to run a 4" inline fan and get my lights closer to the plants! Or if you have any other info that would be great too!

Thanks!

i have the radiant running a 400w mh/hps works great i have it with a lens and a 200 centrifugal fan exchanging air. the only problem is with the older model of the radiant the optional lens is tempered glass and slide in on a groove, and believe me it is easy to break. So hydrofarm has fixed this problem in the new model where the glass is in a frame which is then fasetened to the reflector. make sure you get this new model, its a world of differance

Latest posts

Back