I can't stop mainlining (Manifold first timer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how old are your t5 bulbs? plants stretch to search for blue, if they are stretching under t5 maybe your bulbs are bad

interesting, but they've done this since new. I'll add in the other two bulbs
sunblaster 54W HO 10000K

================ reset to 6.1 1280 ppm, added 2L 6.7
15th noon 6.2 1180
15th pm (missed)
16th am 6.1 added 2L 6.7
16th am 6.1 1120
16th pm 5.9 added 1L 6.7
16th pm 5.9 1090
17th am 5.4 added 2L 7.4
17th noon 5.4 !!! added 4 mL ph UP directly
17th pm 5.7
18th am 4.9 added 1L 5ml ph up
18th am 6.0 1100
18th pm 5.4 1100
19th am 5.2 added 2L 10ml ph up
19th am 6.3 1130

Don't use the 10K bulbs. They are really only usefull during flower to cause the plant to produce more resin(this what the claim is anyway). The best spectrum for growing is the 6500K HO bulbs.

It looks like you have had them on that one rez for several days now. With that small of a rez, you will need to change the water completely about every 4 days. You will notice during flower that at the beginning, they won't take in nutes as fast but then they pick up during the next couple weeks and will eat hard until about week 7 (for 9-10wk strains), then they will drop off again.

I have a 4 bulb t-5. I put them about 3" above leaf and lower when they get more leaves.

I have a 4 bulb t-5. I put them about 3" above leaf and lower when they get more leaves.

Do you have a fan blowing across the canopy? I have similar fixture.
T54W HO will cook my seedlings that close without constant air flow.
I was using 10K by mistake, looking for 6500 that size...
I switched them to some old cool white hoping to tame the stretch.

amazon.com got'em, homedepot got 'em, lowes.com, got 'em
cana d'uh versions? not found

View attachment 100_0061.jpg

Don't use the 10K bulbs. They are really only usefull during flower to cause the plant to produce more resin(this what the claim is anyway). The best spectrum for growing is the 6500K HO bulbs.

It looks like you have had them on that one rez for several days now. With that small of a rez, you will need to change the water completely about every 4 days. You will notice during flower that at the beginning, they won't take in nutes as fast but then they pick up during the next couple weeks and will eat hard until about week 7 (for 9-10wk strains), then they will drop off again.

Never even thought about it until I typed it actually. ****.
Think I can find 6500 up here?

I did a change this morning and ended up with 5.9 and 1130
Start week 8 next Tuesday and seeing red hairs so pulled out my trusty magnifier.
I've wasted a small fortune on magnifiers but always come back to this one.

View attachment 100_0066.jpg

Do you have a fan blowing across the canopy? I have similar fixture.
T54W HO will cook my seedlings that close without constant air flow.
I was using 10K by mistake, looking for 6500 that size...
I switched them to some old cool white hoping to tame the stretch.

amazon.com got'em, homedepot got 'em, lowes.com, got 'em
cana d'uh versions? not found

I have a fan running across the tops 24/7

19 am 6.3 1130
19 pm 6.4 1130
20 am 5.9 1120 after RESET
20 am 6.0 1120
21 am 5.5 ---- 2L 5mL pH UP
21 am 6.6 1060
21 pm 5.9 1120
22 am 5.3 ---- 2L 4 mL pH UP
22 am 5.9 1100

I was giddy 21 am :)
and it looks like maybe some colas coming...
I sure hope she's going 12 weeks, week 8 begins Tuesday and I see red hairs now :-(

View attachment cola coming.jpg

View attachment colas.jpg

Pappy, what exactly is that thing you have there? It looks like a residential plumber's pipe threader. :eek: There are several places online. If you want 4' 6500k bulbs, You can probably go to Amazon and get them easily.

Pappy, what exactly is that thing you have there? It looks like a residential plumber's pipe threader. :eek: There are several places online. If you want 4' 6500k bulbs, You can probably go to Amazon and get them easily.

hahaha do you mean my coated eye loupe thingie?

Amazon.com has them but Amazon.ca is a joke.
They don't even have them in big box stores here, it's absurd.
I'll have to go to a specialty lighting store, I'm afraid they'll get busted in transit.

reset
20 am 5.9 1120
20 pm 6.0 1120
21 am 5.5 ---- 2L 5mL ph up
21 am 6.6 1060
21 pm 5.9 1120
22 am 5.3 ---- 2L 4mL ph up
22 am 5.9 1100
22 pm 5.6
23 am 6.0 - - - 2L 5ml ph up
23 am 6.0 1090
23 pm 6.1 - - - 1L 6.7
24 am 6.0 1040

Today is day 4 so I'll be resetting tonight and am trying for 6.0 again, 1200 or so
am to pm is my day, plant is sleeping, lights on overnight

Week 8 starts tuesday
I hope it's not my final week, buds are sparse.

My seedlings are at node 3 so I am preparing to manifold again.
I'm following HP's suggestions this time and have condensed it to a cheat sheet:

3-5 nodes tall, top (just above) the 3rd node
(jeeeze, should I top them at 3 hoping to avoid all that stem) <---------------------hahaha, stoned

wait for the next 2 node pairs to fully emerge
top each branch at the first node
wait for recovery, clean growth

4 branches will emerge, 2 branches on each side of the first "T".
Bend these 4 over to horizontal and tie them
once these 4 branches grow out some, the stem will have formed an "H" pattern

I think that plan will work ideally for you. The pH process looks like it is doing exactly as it should. At this point, forget about the weeks of flower versus the amount of bud growth and the suspected harvest schedule. That has already gone out the window with the issues you had. She has gone on her own time schedule now. And from the looks of the buds and pistils, she has a good 3 weeks left before she will be ripe. What you will have to do now is watch the growth of the buds, the color of the pistils, and most importantly, the color of the trichomes.

The reason I say to watch the color of the pistils is that they generally will last only so long before they begin dying off (turning brown, gold, red, or whatever color that strain decides). By the time the buds are beginning to ripen, you should have a significant amount of dead pistils in the buds. While this is not a good indicator of bud ripeness for harvest, it is a beginning indicator that the buds are getting some age on them. :)

I always like to pluck them first signs of amber but I'll defer to your judgement if I can get some good shots of the trichromes. I think this is a haze and mostly sativa, I see the narrow leaves but why isn't she trying for height?
I must have really taken the wind out of her sails with those long stems.

Here's the twins with a typical seedling, I'll be letting these go 3 weeks now before I can put them in the net pots and buckets.
Boy, does that hydroton drain fast. I spray the cube & pellets twice a day 20 squirts.
How long am I going to get away with this? 3 weeks?
(I've started mild nutes)
I'm also using the mycocorrhaiz... stuff. I mix a couple litres and pour it through the pots a few times, I hope they grab on the rutz because they are not sitting in it.

View attachment 100_0081.jpg

View attachment 100_0079.jpg

I think you want to bury that starter cube under the hydroton completely it stays moist under the first layer or 2 for a good amount of time

I think you want to bury that starter cube under the hydroton completely it stays moist under the first layer or 2 for a good amount of time

It amazes me how such simple things escape me. That's a great idea Gooch.
I leave an inch like that to fill in when they stretch but I have since solved that problem (thanks to you and HP) and picking up 6500s today.

Incidentally, the hydroton pellets hold a lot of water when their surface gets beat up and scarred. These seedlings are only watered twice a day and I don't think it's hurting them.

cut to the chase...
With that small of a rez, you will need to change the water completely about every 4 days.

I was going to reset this morning (day 5) but they ate 100 ppms last night (their day) and drank a tad more than 2L.
pH sitting steady at 6.0 though so I added 4 drops pH down but no change.

reset this morning (26), HP, I'm listening :)
5.9 1000

I'll have to order those bulbs from the real Amazon. Lowes up here suck too, nothing; guffawed when I walked past the neon party bulbs, yellow, red, blue, all FULL, the green tray was empty.
At specialty electrical store, close with 4200 but will have to order the 5600.
I bet procurement is easier in Alaska.
I'm sticking them under the LED
I did pick up a cool furnace filtre with carbon in it. Traps pollen too.

I have 10 hydro stores within a 1jride distance

Latest posts

Back