I did a bad thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSativa

Reaction score
last night i turned to lights on and this morning they were off I thing i knocked out the plug. what effect will 24 hr dark have on my plants. it was just one time but they are in the flowering stage and i don't want to mess up now with only 4 to 6 weeks til harvest. their flowers are small but resin y and pretty. please let me know if i've effed them up I heard that they can turn hermy if the light and dark cycles are not consistent. at what stage does it become impossible to turn them hermy ?

You can relax--you should be just fine. While you do want to maintain consistent light dark cycles, it is actually interruption of the dark period that causes hermies.

Are you using timers?

They will be ok just don't give them more than 12 hours light or interrupt the dark cycle.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You can relax--you should be just fine. While you do want to maintain consistent light dark cycles, it is actually interruption of the dark period that causes hermies.

Are you using timers?
no i dont work right now so i just do the lights myself but i plan on getting some when the need arises i moved the plug-in to a less accessible outlet so i dont unplug it again

MrsSativa said:
no i dont work right now so i just do the lights myself but i plan on getting some when the need arises i moved the plug-in to a less accessible outlet so i dont unplug it again

Timers are cheap and if you are in flowering, you NEED a timer. It is almost impossible to turn the lights on and off at exactly the same time every day.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Timers are cheap and if you are in flowering, you NEED a timer. It is almost impossible to turn the lights on and off at exactly the same time every day.

:yeahthat:

If you try to go through flowering manually turning the lights on and off you are asking for all sorts of problems in my opinion. You need a timer, even a cheap one.

My camera isn't very good so you cant see the details well but you get the idea. I'm also not good at taking the pics in general lol sorry Some of them aren't flowering yet they're babies but soon they'll be all growed up...then i'm gonna kill em!

SANY5012.JPG

SANY5011.JPG

SANY5010.JPG

SANY5009.JPG

SANY5008.JPG

SANY5004.JPG

SANY4999.JPG

SANY4996.JPG

SANY5000.JPG

SANY4998.JPG

They look sweet to me -- I'm no authority, but they look healthy and happy -- good job!

The Hemp Goddess said:

I dont see why its impossible to turn off the lights at the same time everyday. And even if its a minute or two late or early, the sun doesnt rise or set at exactly the same time everyday either.

drfting07 said:
I dont see why its impossible to turn off the lights at the same time everyday. And even if its a minute or two late or early, the sun doesnt rise or set at exactly the same time everyday either.
Ok, you are right............. Grow on !

drfting07 said:

It's not impossible, just not likely.

drfting07 said:

:D:D:D:D:D

I didn't say impossible, I said almost impossible. And it is almost impossible simply because life happens. You do something like accidentally knock the cord out of the wall because you have to mess with it every day. You have company and cannot turn the light on/off. You have an emergency. You forget the time when occupied with something else. There are many many reasons to use a timer and really no reasons not to.

Yu fall asleep and wake up 2 hours late....

yeah, been there, done that

Latest posts

Back