I found a male, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computer07

Reaction score
I found a male plant in my outdoor batch and im not really sure what to do with it. i cant pull it up because its closely connected to all the others, i just noticed it today and they have been growing for five weeks...do i let them grow full or just cut it out now?

male2.jpg

male3.jpg

cut it down. just cut it right at the bottom of the plant if you fear pulling it out. (if it looks like it's almost ready to pop, maybe throw a garbage bag over it first to be safe)

but be sure first. i had a friend who chopped a bunch of his thinking they were male.. they weren't.
if you're not 100% positive, maybe post a picture here and get confirmation before chopping it.

it looks like it has...balls, but im pretty sure its a male , but i'll post a pic

That's a male. and if you want seedless plants I recommend you cut it down asap.

Cut that bad boy up and throw it in the food dehydrator and roll a nice J :D

TheChosenOne said:
chop the tree and pluck everyseed out
and bunk your friends $15 a seed =p

I take it you dont have many friends?...lol:hitchair:

TheChosenOne said:
chop the tree and pluck everyseed out
and bunk your friends $15 a seed =p

But all joking aside lol :D

The Chosen One Males do not have seeds

They have pollen sacks that open up and pollinate female flowers (buds)

Which produce's seed in female Flowers (buds).

dagnar said:
Cut that bad boy up and throw it in the food dehydrator and roll a nice J :D

ya know i done exactly just that this mornin. pulled a male last night put in dehydrator. found one in storage other day forgot i had it. and ya know i only got like this calming type buzz if even that a lil light headedness for bout 15 20 was all. and my throat an lungs hurt like a mofo. i got cottonmouth real bad tho. stilll not worth it unless of course ya been wit otu for few days an diein for a buzz maybe. but just like everythin else even tho everyone say just throw it compost it watever i absolutely gotta try it. u tell me not to push the red button,... i'm a push te dam red button. oppositional defiance maybe lol. still seeing and feeling first hand is beleiving and it confirms everyone responses. not worth the hassle to keep unless ya really bored an desperate to smoke some weed maybe is all. i could seee if it was a fully mature male maybe then but who knows.
YANK IT AND CHUCK IT!!

Hick said:
Hmmmm.. a "male" with seeds?.. I'd give $15 to see that!...;)

wouldn't that be a basic herm ? (a male wit seeds)

zipflip said:
wouldn't that be a basic herm ? (a male wit seeds)

A hermaphrodite, or hermie, is a plant of one sex that develops the sexual organs of the other sex. Most commonly, a flowering female plant will develop staminate flowers, though the reverse is also true. Primarily male hermaphrodites are not as well recognised only because few growers let their males reach a point of flowering where the pistillate would be expressed.

Hermaphrodites are generally viewed with disfavour. First, they will release pollen and ruin a sinsemelia crop, pollinating themselves and all of the other females in the room. Second, the resulting seeds are worthless, because hermaphrodite parents tend to pass on the tendency to their offspring.

Please note that occassionally specious staminate flowers will appear in the last days of flowering of a female plant. These do not drop pollen and their appearance is not considered evidence of deleterious hermaphroditism.

so i need to destroy it? its kinda sad to see a plant go, so i put it in a pot of dirt lol and set it far away... do the females get pissed off and not bud as much with it gone? maybe , im just going to put it somewere inside i guess

it would be a good ideal to put it inside or destroy it ( The best thing to do unless you plan on breeding) because the pollen can travel long distances and you'll still end up with seedy buds:doh:

computer07 said:
so i need to destroy it? its kinda sad to see a plant go, so i put it in a pot of dirt lol and set it far away... do the females get pissed off and not bud as much with it gone? maybe , im just going to put it somewere inside i guess
no dude kill it..
it does nothing for you to keep it alive. and can only cause you problems.
do not just "set it far away" .. the pollen can travel a long ways.
just kill it and get it over with ;) (and do it quick, it looks very mature)

trust us, after you've done a few more grows you will thank us for saving your crop this year by telling you to rid yourself of that male.

Latest posts

Back