I got real good questions for yall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papabeach1

Reaction score
after I watched the movies called "see more buds" it hit my head that I did learn to not grow more than one pot in one pot soil cuz of roots can cause other plants to die quick.. so, if I went though with hydroponic and the roots will be tangled. and lot of roots, can touch each other plants s roots, whats different about these? water and soils? I dont understand? also about cloning, it will grow new roots. will that affects others roots to die? just that its big no no to me to put 2 3, 4 plants in one big pots, cuz others will die that way if the roots touches each other roots in one pot. someone please explain me how it works? why roots is ok at these hydroponic over the soils that can die if live in same soil pot?? I realized to grow it hydroponic is like we can harvest it in 77 days it will be nice to get 10 lbs every 2 months!!

Well obviously you want your roots to be separated for many reasons.

Most hydro setups have more then enough room for separate roots that hang down, and some you simply just throw your babies in different pots with some pellets or lava rock of some sort.

I don't know if I even understood your question.

4 inch pellet cups, and 4 inch apart of each holes is that enough rooms for roots to be happy?

yeah i doubt ya'd need that much herb...And i would never count on that big of a harvest until you've got it almost perfect i guess ya'd say imo...I'll never count on even getting an oz off a plant...But i guess it'd be possible to harvest 10 lbs, but you'd be tip-toeing a dangerous line...be careful bro

papabeach1 said:
4 inch pellet cups, and 4 inch apart of each holes is that enough rooms for roots to be happy?

Yeah sounds fine, if anything you could very very gently pull the roots together and loosely tie a string around them.

The roots of hydro plants can carefully be separated without doing real damage to the plant. This is generally not true of plants grown in soil. However, IMHO, 4" apart is far too close together.

Ten pounds every two months????????? You're kidding....right?

umm... i got two females share'n dirt in a pot and they're both doing well and are about two weeks from harvest... not something i'd recomend unless your being as cheap as ya can cause your broke.:D

yeah, especially since your user name seemed an awful lot like it could be your real name before you changed it papa...just my few cents worth ,but be careful...One more down for us is just another up for the Feds...We all should be smart and be careful...Use your head

They do not die but as their stems are close to each other, they'll be in competition of light and loser will stay small as well as weak. If you want to grow them big, give at least 2 feet for each plant.

ChatNoir said:
They do not die but as their stems are close to each other, they'll be in competition of light and loser will stay small as well as weak. If you want to grow them big, give at least 2 feet for each plant.

One of many reasons you want to keep them separated, but who knows what he has in mind for his grow.

pappabeach1...10lbs???????????? what are you growing in a wharehouse? and if so..I hope you dont become one of FruityBud news post of large MJ grow found and one person arrested..

TAKE CARE AND BE SAFE!!!!

4u2sm0ke said:
pappabeach1...10lbs???????????? what are you growing in a wharehouse? and if so..I hope you dont become one of FruityBud news post of large MJ grow found and one person arrested..

TAKE CARE AND BE SAFE!!!!

He is probably meaning 10oz not 10lbs...

The roots don't kill each other its more of a worry about them competeing for nutrients water and oxygen, the stronger plants will choke and kill the weaker plants if they are planted to close together in soil. This is a moot point in hydro because the roots are all supplied with a steady source of nutrients water and air, what you need to worry about when growing lots of little plants say in a tub, is air movement. I grow 8 plants in a tupperware tub about 2 ft X 1 1/2 ft and the roots become on giant brick almost on the bottom by the end of their cycle with no harmful effects to the plants.

Thats about the best I can do for you because I don't really understand what you are trying to ask. Reread what you wrote and if it doesn't make sense to you it won't make sense to us.

Latest posts

Back