i have a ? about seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz

Reaction score
hi yall. well i been a grower since 03. but i have never grown from seed . i have only grown from clone taken from momma's. so here is my ?. is it possible to grow high grade from seed. let's say i buy 10 feminized seeds from a seed compoany. will at least one out of the ten seeds be a good heavy hitter? will i have to go through 100 seeds just to find the one? im not to picky but i just want something that's not to home growny.
thanks, i hope i was clear in what im asking.
any good seed company's with great reputation?
and can ship to the US?
i have already lost 500 buck trying to get seeds shipped to me.
the seed company got my money but i never got my seeds.
so thanks again. your feedback is very appreciated.;

jj 121.png

jj 122.png

jj 124.png

jj 125.png

Hey buddy, I'd just first like to say welcome to MP! You came to the right place. If you buy 10 feminized seeds, unless you stress the hell out of them, you will get 10 fems. I believe seeds grow higher quality bud than clones.

If you buy seeds it wont seem home grown. I bought seeds for the first time from Dutch Breed, and if you live in the us, NICE stealth delivery, and for FREE! But My growth is AMAZING! The growth isnt vertical at all, its SO horizontal, like its the most bushiest thing I've ever seen! Seeds from dutchbreed are amazing.

I see what you mean and I too lost 250 dollars on feminized White Widow seeds, but dutch breed is the only company that comes through 100%. I couldn't even find my seeds at first when I got the shipment! I didn't even know they were the seeds!

So I hope I helped. Get back to us! And stay active on marijuana passion, start a grow journal when you receive your seeds id love to see what you got.

thanks bro.............dutch breed...........

Welcome
What seed company did u go through to Loose 500. bucks

Lookin at ur pix's there Buzz and was wondering what was that at the end of that Hoot?? Looks like to me a cigar tip piece..

Getting your seeds will depend on the packaging the seedbank uses. I ordered from sensibleseeds.com and I didn't receive my seeds since they were in a plain package, it was discreet but not stealth, and I'm almost positive customs took them because the scale I ordered with the seeds got here fine. You should research what kinds of packaging various seedbanks use (e-mail them) and choose one that hides the seeds well enough that they won't risk being found by customs.

I know Dutchbreed.com ships with an excellent stealth delivery that can get through any customs without any problems. I am told that Drchronic.com also uses stealth delivery but I don't know how it compares to Dutchbreed's as I have never ordered from there. I also like the fact that when you buy seeds from Dutchbreed, you are buying them directly from the breeder unlike Drchronic which buys seeds from many various seed companies/breeders then sells them.

i think depending on how much tlc you put into a grow op it will show at the end, if your grow came out weak don't blame the plant all the time blame the grower, alot of times growers want to "bud what they haven't grown" they think its just drop seed, feed and boom you got bud but theres more too it, as you said you buy clones well clones have been thru the shock and stress so they are pretty much hardy, seeds, you gotta put your growing cap on and be patient

KAMSAI said:
i think depending on how much tlc you put into a grow op it will show at the end, if your grow came out week dont blame the plant all the time blame the glower, alot of time growers want to "bud what they haven't grown" they think its just drop seed, feed and boom you got bud but theres more too it, as you said you buy clones well clones haven't been thru the shock and stress so they are pretty m uch hardy, seeds you gotta put your growing cap on and be patient

I completely agree. Remember kids, when you grow from seed you must wait through the vegitative state. Be very patient, as veg is just as long as flower and youll be waiting twice as long from clones...but it will be WORTH the wait.

Hey man well you have to be careful who you go with because they might be a shady company. Check out seedbankupdate to find out which company is a reputable company. I like legends seeds just follow the directions on shippment and your ok. Ive never had a problem and have been a customer for a yr and 6 good shipments. Peace and Love

I definitely agree with Killertea :D . I suggest DrChronic. just google it. have alot of friends and myself that go through him;) . they have ALWAYS germed and undetectable in postal service, good luck bro!

I personally dont like starting from seed because even if they are guaranteed feminized you might and probably will get hermaphrodites...just invest in some clones if you have access to a clinic which I hope you do remember keep this thing going the right way get legal if your state is down with medicinal marijuana.....500 would have got you alot of clones...

Oh crap I just went to the seedbank.com and I didn't seed the
Marijuanna-seeds.nl on that good list and I order from them last week on thursday.. I guess I am one of those that got ripped off and I only spent 35 bucks so hpoefully I can get my seeds next week.......
Didn't have enough money and wanted more seeds for the buck.. YIKES
I'll order from DrChronic next month and had my heart set on some afghan from that site.....

Dr.Chronic all the way... Also iuf you read and learn you can grow the best weed in the world. Bec, you grew it.

gcarlin_818 said:
I personally dont like starting from seed because even if they are guaranteed feminized you might and probably will get hermaphrodites...just invest in some clones if you have access to a clinic which I hope you do remember keep this thing going the right way get legal if your state is down with medicinal marijuana.....500 would have got you alot of clones...

This statement is kinda true but being a seed grower i gotta defend them. I started growing with badseed and every grow with bagseed i was dealing with hermies. Which is why i have switched to good genetics. Since i have bought good seeds i have had zero hermies. So its all about where you get the seed. Another good thing with seeds is you get males so you can make your own seeds.

Thats my 2 cents

Peace

bigbudsbruddah said:
This statement is kinda true but being a seed grower i gotta defend them. I started growing with badseed and every grow with bagseed i was dealing with hermies. Which is why i have switched to good genetics. Since i have bought good seeds i have had zero hermies. So its all about where you get the seed. Another good thing with seeds is you get males so you can make your own seeds.

Thats my 2 cents

Peace
Clones are great 'n all, an exact relplica of the mother, so you will always know just what your final product wil be, they can be flowered much sooner than seeds, ect.
....BUT IMO, growing from seed may also allows "you" to discover that exceptional pheno' for yourself. You never know when that "Holy Graille" may show itself..;)

In the past few months I have started around 70 clones. Imagine if I had to buy 70 seeds!!! At $80 and $40 a ten pack thats a lot of money. I think I will stick to cloning. That way all i have to pay for is rockwool cubes. Much cheaper and more efficient than seeds.

I only buy seeds when i get bored with a strain and want to try something new. But that happens quite often too.

Flyinghigh said:
Lookin at ur pix's there Buzz and was wondering what was that at the end of that Hoot?? Looks like to me a cigar tip piece..
those are called lefty's

I love using seeds and clones. in this harsh heat clones do better and are hardier but if I baby the seed like I did my NL then they do well. I have ordered stealth from attitude.com and will let everyone know when my order arrives ;) good luck growin!

Latest posts

Back