I have a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomieDaGrower

Hillbilly Emeritus
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I know I have been missing lately, but I had some legal problems, and didn't need to add to them, in case law enforcement had found my grow journal here. Anyway, while I have stopped growing, I am helping a friend. He has a bit of a deficiency, that we are trying to figure out.
First is Critical Jack

attachment.php

Next, the Jack Diesel
attachment.php

And finally Larry OG
attachment.php

I am hoping we can get these plants, back on track ASAP.
Thanks for any help you can give us.

HomieHogleg
P.S. They are in one gallon containers, in Fox Farms Happy Frog,
and have yet to be fed. I did use some Great White Microbial supplement.

Critical Jack (Medium) (Custom).JPG

Jack Diesel (Custom).JPG

Larry OG (Custom).JPG

I would check for bugs real close - theres some damage indicative to insects.

Regardless, I would consider trimming off the lower growth thats showing symptoms and transplant them into larger pots with at least 30% pearlite in the mix (in addition to whats provided from the manufacturer).

Growth should return to normal.

I agree ..trim that ugly crap off...I also see PH and possable heat stress...

sorry hear about the popo be safe and please can ya get us more info?..temps/RH/PH/Lights...ect..ect...

:48:

at first i was thinking ph issue, but the issue is so widespread it kinda looks like dmg from insects

Good to see you Homie...I am feeling insect damage as well.

I have had that same thing happen on some of my plants but only while in veg. I get those little white spots that up close look like leaf miner damage but I was unable to find any bugs. And once the plants get bigger, the problem doesn't climb the plants but stops at the lower leaves. Some that I have put into flower have done just fine but the white spots eventually turn yellow and necrotic. I am unable to figure it out at this point. and it is not happening to some new plants that have been placed in the same space. :confused:

Thanks for the responses. I had to get some sleep before work. I will check for bugs in the morning, when I get off work. As far as PH, my runoff is 6.5. I am running 4 bulbs of 2' T5 HO, temps are running around 70 F. My RH may be a little low, for veg, at 45%. I am also thinking bugs. Thanks again for the help.
Will check back in tomorrow, with an update.
HomieHogleg

I'm sure i can see a whitefly larvea or aphid in walking stage in pic 3 center of leaf near the stem .

Also either mag deficient , heat stress , or ozone damge to edges of leaves in Pic 3 !
kinda wonder why there are no 5 finger leaves there as well ? Might be a freak ??

Certainly bug damage is what i see as well !

Good luck THC.

Sure looks like SM to me,,and some Deficiencies.

TwoHighCrimes said:
I'm sure i can see a whitefly larvea or aphid in walking stage in pic 3 center of leaf near the stem .

Also either mag deficient , heat stress , or ozone damge to edges of leaves in Pic 3 !
kinda wonder why there are no 5 finger leaves there as well ? Might be a freak ??

Certainly bug damage is what i see as well !

Good luck THC.

Yeah, the third pic, of the Larry OG, is a cutting, from a mother that was in flowering. I have trimmed of the ugly leaves, and treated the plants with safers insecticidle soap. I will be re potting them this weekend. These 14 hour workdays don't leave me enough time to do it today. But tomorrow morning, is the beginning of my weekend.
Thanks for all the help.

HomieHogleg

it also looks like maybe a zinc defficiency with the brown edges of that one leaf. jmo

looks indicative of all the spider mite damage I've seen through the yrs.

7greeneyes said:
looks indicative of all the spider mite damage I've seen through the yrs.
What is the best treatment to get rid of spider mites. I definately want them gone, before we go to the flowering tent. So far the flowering tent is pest free, and totally in a separate area.
Thanks
HomieHogleg

possibly thrip damage is my guess.

i used neem (Einstein oil) on spider mites and thrips with success before. but there's other more powerful stuff. i hear it's not the best choice with bigger gardens/problems, but it's all i've really used.

I go to home depot and pick up Real Kill fogger with trelomethrin but that's just me. Alot ppl go with the kind you feed to the plant, I think it's called Avid or something like that. I use the fogger (only if spidermite damage is present and only during lights out) during veg and only up to the first two weeks of bloom.

It may burn some of the heavily affected leaves but it will kill them (the spider mites). The burning is due to the spider mites losing all their liquid and their dessicated lil remains leave some scarring on the leaf) Follow up with a fogging every three days for a week and you'll be golden, after which you spray them down to get rid of remaining residue( lights out after every fogging) . Can't have pets or fish or anything in your grow (if in your house) while bombing tho...

Dine the mites :fly:

Mite not come back at all :yay:

Just a thought :D

OOOpppps sorry Homie you are indoors just use 1 stick ;)

Dine-the -mites (300x199).jpg

Well,
I hit them with Neem, this morning. Hopefully that will get the job done. It has been a long couple of days. I worked 28 out of the last 48 hours, and tried to deal with the Borg, in my off hours. I think it is time to take a break, smoke a joint of Larry OG, and try and find my bed, for at least, a 12 hour nap.

Thanks for all the help
Ya'll Rock

HomieHogleg

I just discovered that my problem that looks similar to yours is Thrips. I have always been able to recognize thrips in the past but this time it has been only a few of them and it took inspection with a magnifying glass followed by close investigation of any suspects with my 30x jewelers loupe. The little white squiggly lines on the leaves are from the thrip larva eating into the leaves and sucking out the inner juice. On some plants the leaves will look silvery from the damage if there are a lot of thrip larva(mass infestation). But on mine all I could see is the little white specs of damage.

I have not had trouble with spidermites before but everything I have ever read says that you will have tiny spider web strands begin to show up across and inbetween the leaves of the plants. If you aren't seeing those webs given the level of damage you have, I would say negative on the Borg. Also the Borg tends to attack from the top down while Thrips attack from the bottom up. Many times you can gently shake the plants and see some of the adult thrips take off flying like fungus gnats. Also if you look at the leaves with a magnifying glass you should see quite a few tiny black spots on the leaves. That is the feces of thrips. The adult thrip is dark and has wings but the larva is nearly invisible to the naked eye and is white.

I use Azamax drench for eradicating thrips and fungus gnats. I hope this helps :)

Thanks HushPuppy,
I believe you are right about the Thrips. It seems that the Neem is controling them, as I have seen no new damage, since the first application. I just ordered Azamax, to have on hand, if they come back. I believe that they came in, from a bag of soil, which I brought to this grow site, that was in my shed for a couple of years. I spotted a Thrip, on the bottom of a leaf, right before I treated with Neem, and have not seen any since. I don't know if it will do anything, but slow population growth, which is why I ordered the Azamax. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks Again.
HomieHogleg

Latest posts

Back