I have thrips!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkbkr103

Reaction score
I know that I have thrips, now how do I get rid of them organically? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Try the search tool on this site and look up organin pesticide. If you can't find anything that way, try seaching google for the same thing. I'm sure it will come up with something. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Hey there,
You'll find many recipes and venders for safe organic insecticide soaps. Most aren't made to poison the pest exactly, more like a slick, complete coating that smothers them. If you've caught the infestation early (and it sounds like you must have) it shouldn't be big problem to control. Good luck and be safe.:)

Yeah, I thought about getting something to smother them. I was looking around on this site and saw something about diatomaceous earth. Anyone heard of it?

and diatomocious earth is good stuff, but its dangerous. be careful. dont breathe it, touch it, or get it near your eyes. its pretty much shards of glass. It'll dry you up too! thats what it does to pest is dehydrates them until they die. When you buy some ask how to use it too. I have some but have yet to use it because i dont want it to kill of the roots.

I was thinking about food grade diatomacious earth. It's supposed to be totally safe, even to eat.

I had an infestation of thrips sprayed them with neem and now they are back with a vengeance. I have 4 weeks of flowering left. Should I take the time to pull them all out and spray them again or can I make it 4 more weeks? I guess I am asking if the thrips can kill really nice vigorous plants in 4 weeks or even hurt them badly

Thanks,
Comm

I am only three and a half weeks out from harvest. Will that make my weed taste badly or anything like that?

Maybe but its better than a ruined harvest. I've fogged in flower just recently and just sprayed em down real good with water afterwards. If its not a bad infestation you might be better off leaving it though, hard to say, ultimately up to you.

what brand of fogger did you use?
did it kill em all?
how did you rinse them off?

thanks
comm

Whitmire Pyrethrum TR Insecticide Fogger. It killed all the hatched ones. Fogged again 4 days later to get hatchlings. Still have some eggs but hopefully under control till harvest, will then clean the whole room. To rinse I sprayed with a water bottle mister.

I am going to try that later today
just have to make it three more weeks

Make sure you do it with the lights out. I put trash bags over my hoods as well to avoid having to wash them afterwards.

good idea
I have to pull em out to do it at all

I will let you know

Latest posts

Back